9 - With her

Abhi's pov

Years back

" Mr Abhishek Mehra ? "

While I was about to check in I got a call from an unknown number. Initially I ignored it because I was in a hurry. A sudden business related matter came up and I was heading to Newyork.

But I began to get call from that same number again and again. Finally I attended the call.

" Yes ...."

" Mrs Pragya Abhishek Mehra.... She is your wife right ? " From other side it was a lady and it's been a long time I am hearing my so called ex wife's name.

" She was my wife but not anymore. We are divorced " I spatted back.

" Oh.... Is it ? Sorry actually here at gaurdian's address column she gave your name and number. That's why we contacted you " I rolled my eyes getting annoyed that she isn't saying what's the matter.

" Excuse me mam.. if you want to say something then come straight to the point. Don't beat around the bush " I said.

" Mr Mehra your wife got admitted for her delivery and she is currently getting  labour pain. But situation is little complicated and without a gaurdian's consent we can't proceed with our treatment. Either you come here or sent someone who is a relative of Pragya but please quickly. Her condition is getting worse." I was freezed.....
I mean I didn't understand anything that lady said. Pragya is in labour pain? Was she pregnant ? That's the first thing crossed my mind.

I ran from airport not even bothered about my luggage or anything. Quickly caught a taxi and went straight to hospital. That's when I began to recollect things slowly.

After that staircase incident Pragya wasn't that silent innocent girl. She came back from hospital with a determined mind. Next day she left my house and no one stopped her neither me. I thought to call her back after few days but before that I got a divorce notice in my hand from her.

Whole family became mad at her. No one wanted Pragya back to our house or in my life.  May be that much hatred they all had for her because of what she tried to do with Aira. But my mind was wavering. I don't wanted that divorce. If it was few months back then maybe I would have agreed for it without thinking for a second but now something changed. I don't wanted Pragya to leave from my side. I was planning for a sincere apology and what all issues happened between us I was ready to talk it out. I wished to start a new life with her  but before that she sent me a divorce.

I appeared on court , we both came with our lawyers and she claimed for divorce under domestic violence. Even gave a case on me and my family for mentally torturing her so getting a divorce was easy for her but what made my family angry was she claimed for alimony. Even though we already signed prenuptial agreement  now she can claim with this reason.  Our lawyers were best and with our power this case was nothing. But to avoid her as soon as possible we agreed to give a 10 percentage of alimony she claimed. she didn't made any commotion over that. Silently took that money and we both get separated.

We never crossed our path after that. I know she was somewhere living in mumbai but where ? What is she doing? How is everything going in her life? I didn't know anything about it. From that month till this moment if I calculate the time then this is ninth month. Which means she was already pregnant when our divorce took place and may be she was carrying when I pushed her from stairs.  I hit my head on window glass thinking about my stupidity.  All alone at a time like this how she would have managed everything by her own ? How can she hide such an important matter from me ?