18 - That night

Writer's pov

Flashback

Years back
Night before party at resort.

" Aunty please.....you don't have to call me again if you are going to repeat this same. " Abhi shouted at his aunt through phone and decided to cut the call.

" Abhi wait...... Listen to your aunt. Do you think that I am saying this because I have some grudge on you ? No dear. I am doing this for your good. That girl.... She was cheating us. She was cheating on you Abhi. " Abhi shut his eyes getting annoyed.

" Aunty I am leaving. I have to attend a party so please. Also you don't have to worry about Pragya and what she is doing. " Giving a final warning Abhi cut the call and went to check on Pragya.

Abhi went back to his room and opened the door of dressing room. He stood behind Pragya mesmerized in her beauty. Her smile which captivated him to a different world. He agreed for his marriage with her without even knowing anything about Pragya.  Not even her face or how does she look. But Pragya came into his life like she are destined for Abhi, only for Abhishek Mehra.

" What are you looking at ? "

" Come let's go " when Pragya get ready to leave she noticed Abhi was checking something in his phone very seriously.

" You go ahead I will be there within few minutes " Abhi replied without taking his eyes of from phone.

" What ?  Please Abhi don't say that. I don't even know anyone there. What I am going to do there alone ?  " Pragya whines and pulled Abhi to take him with her.

" Pragya..... " Abhi shouted annoyingly and she quickly withdraw her hands.
Pragya stood back awkwardly when all of sudden he shouted at her.

" I told you I will come. Why should I repeat the same ? " Abhi asked in that same tone.

" I.... I am sorry. Take your time " some how she said those few words and walked out from room with a pale face.

Abhi sighed heavily and fell back on couch staring at the ceiling. Once again he took the phone and checked few photos which his aunt sent him.
Photos were of Pragya and an young guy who looked same age as Pragya.

First few photos were seems like taken when Pragya was in school but not that much old ones, most probably during her higher secondary school. Both of them looked very happy and close to eachother. He never saw Pragya so happy like that after their marriage. She never smiled at Abhi like that.

Abhi swiped the photos one after another and each photos made his heart churn. He could have ignored or felt like nothing happened. It's just watching few photos of his wife during her school days but what made him mad was there are photos which took few days back. Not just once but many times and at many places.

He remembered Pragya asked him about going out and that's alone. She didn't even wanted to go by his car or let the driver take her. She even lied to him that she is going somedays shopping, some other days new excuses. Not even for once he doubted her but always took care of her safety.
When his aunt first warned him he ignored her and he kept on ignoring it only because of the trust he had for Pragya. He was so confident that Pragya won't cheat him. Whatever love and care she is showing for Abhi is true and genuine. He believed Pragya really wanted to be a part of his life but now all his hopes hitted rock bottom. Everything was just a drama. She never felt anything for Abhi but for someone else.

When his aunt called him Abhi just stared at phone don't wanted to attend anyones call. But at end he had to attend it.

" Now you believe what your aunt is saying ? I always wanted to see you happy Abhi that's why I didn't ignored their secret meeting and collected all evidences. I thought she will stop but she didn't. If tomorrow she blamed you and seek for a divorce with alimony then we should have something with us. That sly fox her eyes were always on your money and your hard earned money she is spending on some random guy like water. Your mom checked last month's bill..... My eyes almost pooped out watching the amount she withdrew from your personal account. These are more than enough to understand what kind of girl she is. " Abhi silently heard whatever his aunt Reva was sprouting against Pragya.