2 - New beginning

Writer's pov

" Dad.. "

"I am leaving.... " Aira stood from chair in a hurry leaving for college. She grabbed her bag and checked everything before leaving.

" It's your first day....do you want me to drop you ? " Abhi asked to Aira. He was having his breakfast with his daughter.

" NO..... " Aira replied without wasting a second.

" A big no dad. I don't want to get embarrassed in front of my college mates " Aira replied quickly

" What ? Embarrassed ? Introducing Abhishek Mehra is infront of your collage mates is embarrassing for you ? Oh my...." Abhi looked at her with a shock.

" Do you know people are trying to get an appointment from me , just to make a deal with us or for an interview... Atleast for ten minutes.  In that busy schedule of mine  I am ready to take all time for my precious daughter. But here she don't want that and saying her dad is an embarrassment for her" , Abhi becomes so dramatic.

" Dad.... Don't overreact. I didn't mean like that. I am a grown up girl now. Your daughter is joining for college not school. That time is over when you used to drop me school at first day with kisses and chocolates so that I won't cry. If you come with me now and others get to know that I am Abhishek Mehra's Daughter they will make fun of me like I am weirdo kid who hides behind her dad. They will make issues for everything that achieve with my hardwork saying that my dad got it for me with his money power.  Some might take advantage of that and I am not going to get good friends but only opportunists and I don't want such fake friends anymore in my life" Aira explained.

" Aira Abhishek Mehra .... That name is enough to recognise you girl " Abhi reminded.

" Who is going to say that I am Aira Abhishek Mehra. I am just Aira in my class. I want to enjoy my collage life to its fullest dad. So I am going to be me there as a normal Aira" she flipped her hair and ready to leave and Abhi took his phone .

" And one more thing dad " she quickly turned back pointing her finger.

"  Don't even think about sending your black cats behind me. If I catch anyone in my collage then I am going to run away from here and never gonna come back " Aira knows her dad best than anyone. Abhi keep his phone down and gave her a weird smile.

" All the best sweet heart " he said.

Reva who was watching all these silently and getting irritated. She was not at all liking this bonding between Abhi and Aira. Because of Aira it's Rishi who is getting sided always. Even though he is a boy and elder to Aira everyone gives importance to her and she is the apple of everyone's eyes.

" Abhi.....'' Reva corrected her throat and called him. Abhi turned and looked at his aunt.

" Aira joined for college don't you think that we should start looking  a match for Aira ? " Reva said in a concern filled voice.

" What ? Aunty are you in your real mind? Aira is only 19 and she just started her real life. At this age why we should snatch her happiness ? " Abhi was little irritated by what Reva said

" See you won't understand that now because....  for you Aira is still that small little girl. Now she is grown up. Tomorrow she will get good friends from college, day after tomorrow may be a good boyfriend. Now-a-days kids are unpredictable. I am not saying our Aira will choose someone wrong or who doesn't fit for family and our  status but what if someone wants to trap her ? Once she fell for him and he came out to be a bad one it's our girl who has to suffer at end. She won't be happy and that will be trauma for our little girl through out her life." Abhi was silently listening to what his aunt was saying. Somewhere what Reva said hit his mind.