Lu Yao’s heart was trembling. Although the governor had not yet said what his evidence was, she was able to roughly guess what it was. It was nothing more than the matter between her and Lu Cuo. She looked resentfully at Lu Song with a look of once having been friendly.

Up to this moment, Lu Yao still could not figure out why Lu Song gave birth to an eldest son but did not keep him in the manor nor acknowledge him. It was only after she had developed feelings for Lu Cuo that was she told that they were siblings? If there was any blame to be assigned, it would be on Lu Song. Everything that had happened today was caused by Lu Song!

Lu Yao held this anger inside her chest and thought to herself that if she could not pass this trial, she would desperately do her best to drag down this irresponsible father too!

Seeing that Lu Yao was staring at Lu Song with a fiercer and fiercer look, the servant that had been brought in sneered. She then kneeled properly in front of the governor.

Lu Song knew that his two daughters did not get along; however, he never thought that the governor would go and bring Lu Yan’s servant to this trial. This servant had been working in the manor for many years and had been trained by the family. If anything was exposed, everything today would be over.

However, with the situation as it was, it was no longer a situation that he could control. He just heard Xu Jing Yuan say: “Girl, this official has determined that the death of the Lu family’s eldest young master cannot be unrelated to the Lu family’s second young miss. The culprit has also been determined to be her. All that is necessary now is evidence. As for you, do you want to provide this evidence?”

“Servant raised by the family!” Lu Song finally spoke, “You must reply properly to lord governor’s questions.”

The words “servant raised by the family” caused her to hesitate slightly. At the same time, she managed to react. She had only remembered what the third young miss had entrusted her; however, she had forgotten that her father and mother were both in the manor. This trial was not just related to the second young miss’ life. It was also connected to the Lu family’s fortunes!

In the time that she was hesitating, Lu Yao’s wet nurse moved slightly without anyone noticing. Using her body to provide cover, she quietly said: “Young miss must quickly think of preserving yourself. You must not hesitate at a time like this.”

Lu Yao was startled and did not understand what she had meant. The wet nurse quickly continued: “In the end, they’re looking for who killed the eldest young master. He was not killed by young miss. You must not admit to the nonsense being spouted by the lord governor and have the case framed against you.”

Lu Yao’s mouth moved a bit, as her gaze turned toward the fatter servant. That servant began to have a bad feeling fill her heart, but it was too late for anything. Her status had decided on her fate. In the instant that she had acted for Lu Yao and killed Lu Song, she should have thought about the outcome. She felt that she would die; however, she did not think that it would happen so quickly.

“Lord Xu!” Lu Yao suddenly opened her mouth and spoke up in a loud voice before the servant: “Lord Xu, there’s no need to spill dirty water on me and frame this on me. You are just hoping to use me to expose to the true culprit of the murder. Alright, I’ll speak. Even ignoring the feelings of being master and servant together for many years, this matter today is related to a person’s life. I cannot continue to hesitate.” As she spoke, she pushed the fatter servant forward and loudly said: “The culprit is right here. This servant’s name is Pan Chun, and she has accompanied me for many years. She knows some martial arts and is most proficient with needles. Earlier, after she saw eldest brother present me with a gift, this servant quickly gave chase. I knew that there were some feelings between her and elder brother. Elder brother even mentioned the idea of taking her as a concubine, thus I did not stop her; however, I never thought that she would turn around and do such a vile thing. Speaking of, this Pan Chun was the last person to see eldest brother.”