The eldest uncle, Yao Jing Jun, also nodded and picked up on the conversation: “Father said it. Having been away from the capital for so many years, the capital has already changed a great deal. The Yao family can no longer be as low-key as it had been in the past. It caused the three of you, mother and children, to have suffered a great deal of bullying. Since we’ve come back, we must take advantage of the situation. This time, we will not be bullied by anyone.”

Feng Yu Heng was not thinking about this. She asked Yao Xian: “On my way back, I heard someone say that the new left prime minister’s manor’s second young miss is engaged to the top scholar. Could it be eldest brother?”

When this was mentioned, the smiles on the faces of the Yao family receded slightly. Although they were not unhappy, it was no longer as joyous as it had been.

Yao Xian said: “This engagement was something that Prime minister Lu asked the Emperor for. The Emperor asked for my opinion, and I said that I would ask the child. As a result, your eldest brother said that he had met the Lu family’s second young miss a few times, and she was quite a good girl, thus the engagement was accepted.”

Feng Yu Heng looked at Yao Shu and saw his youthful face began to turn a bit red. It was clear that he felt embarrassed, thus she knew that her eldest cousin was interested in that person. There would be no need to say too much more. She just smiled and said: “Then younger sister will congratulate eldest brother. For our Yao family to be welcoming a wife, eldest brother will be the first. Younger sister will definitely prepare a good gift for eldest brother.”

“Hah.” The eldest madam, Xu shi, sighed at this time. Looking at Feng Yu Heng, she said: “Speaking of, your father was also the left prime minister once, and you were also the second young miss of the prime minister’s manor. If this engagement was… Hah!” Xu shi helplessly shook her head, “It’s also us that were unlucky; otherwise, how great would it have been to bring the family closer together.”

The third madam, Miao shi, quickly said: “It’s not too late! Aren’t there still five more? A-Heng, take a look and see which one you like.”

Feng Yu Heng facepalmed. Was she picking out vegetables at a market? Which one she liked. These were close relatives, but this was the ancient era. Things like this were more common, where cousins would get together, and it would save some money.

Yao Xian also solemnly warned everyone: “Our Yao family is a medical family. Although you did not understand this very well before, of course, none of you really followed in your father’s footsteps, I must emphasize this. Someone like A-Heng would be considered within three generations of relation to us. We are directly related, and from a medical standpoint, relatives within three generations of relation must not mingle; otherwise, the younger generation would have some problems with their health. Do you all understand?”

They did not understand. In the eyes of the people from the ancient world, brothers and sisters could not get married, but cousins getting married to bring a family closer together was a matter to be celebrated. But since Yao Xian said this, it was very quickly accepted due to their respect and admiration for Yao Xian. Xu shi smiled and said: “Father, don’t worry. Daughter-in-law has remembered it. Also, our A-Heng is already engaged to his Highness the ninth prince and can’t be stolen away by anyone.”

Feng Yu Heng listened to the Yao family talk. Although nobody directly expressed their thoughts about the Lu family, she could see that the Yao family did not like that daughter-in-law. Although it could not be described as hate, it was definitely not the desired marriage.

Yao Xian said to Yao Shu: “The marriage will be in ten days. Starting tomorrow, our family should begin preparing. The gifts have already been sent. If you have anything else that you wish to prepare, you should quickly prepare it.”