Twenty.

The restaurant was grand. I only use that word because it's fitting and not a word I'd use to describe anything in normal circumstances.

At the door was a man in uniform and he had a list. As Justin spoke to him, I took a moment to have a look around at the place.

The walls were covered in light wallpaper, the type you'd find in some really expensive house or something. There were mirrors on some of the square pillars and they opened up the room a little more. From the ceiling hung crystal chandeliers and on the floor was lovely wood. The restaurant also had big windows to let some light in and I imagined how beautiful this place looked during the day.

"This way." The man at the door said to us.

Justin, still holding my hand, walked with me and we followed the man through the restaurant, to a wooden staircase. We walked up the stairs and found ourselves on an outdoor section-- the roof-- of the restaurant, just a single table set.

"Thank you." Justin said to the man whose name tag read Antonio.

Antonio nodded his head and said he'd send a waiter up here for us.

Justin pulled out a chair for me at the table and then he sat opposite me.

It was lovely up here. The stars twinkling so beautifully, the cool evening breeze, the fairy lights that were wrapped around the balcony railing... Every single detail was carefully looked at and it made this place, by far, the most beautiful I'd ever seen in reality, let alone ate at.

"This place is beautiful, Justin." I smiled.

"It's one of my favourites when I'm in the city." He said.

A man walked up to us and greeted us warmly, introducing himself as Phillip, before handing us our menus. Justin placed an order for our drinks then Phillip left, leaving us to decide on what we'd have to eat for our meals. Of course, I was hopeless at this so I decided I'd have one of the only things I was familiar with on the menu: pasta.

"Is there a reason why we're the only ones up here?" I asked Justin as I closed my menu.

His lips curved into a smile but not one that revealed his teeth. I guess I caught him off guard with my question.

"Yes." He answered.

"What is it?"

He put his menu down.

"The restaurant's crowded inside. Besides, I thought that a cloudless evening like this one was worth enjoying." He answered.

Not an answer I was looking for.

"Oh. Well... It's... Pretty." I said softly.

I didn't know if he'd agree with my word choice.

"It is, isn't it?" He smiled.

"Yes." I whispered.

If this was a date, it was unfair because I hadn't been asked.

'Actually he did ask. That's why you're here.'

I inwardly rolled my eyes.

He didn't ask the way I expected.

'Did you expect him to get on his knees?'

Phillip came up with our drink which was in a silver bucket of ice. He placed some glasses in front of us and poured Justin a bit first so he could taste. Once Justin was satisfied, Phillip filled our glasses then took our meal orders and headed off.

"You really do know a lot about food." I said.

Justin smiled at me then took a sip of his champagne. I did too.