Nine.

I got to work a little later than usual and of course, Mr Smith noticed. He was quick to question me as I cleaned one of the small suites.

"Mr Smith, I'm fine." I said, trying really hard not to raise my voice.

"Should I remind you that you asked to work on such days? You could be at home, resting." He reminded me.

"I want to be here. I told you that." I crossed my arm.

Mr Smith shook his head and stormed out the suite.

I sighed and tried to get back to work.
I still felt disgusting. I woke up late from being exhausted so I didn't even get a chance to have my usual 20 minute shower, I didn't cry this morning... See why my day was looking the way it was?

I tried to rid myself of all these thoughts so I could get through the day but I couldn't. I didn't want to break down at work. That would be embarrassing and everyone already knew me as this slightly cheerful young woman who was all smiles and makeup.

The door flew open and Ms Jones walked in.

"Oh goodness, Dileah. Are you alright?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously? He called you?" I threw my hands up.

"Of course he did. Who else was he supposed to call?" She looked at me.

I sighed.

"Ms Jones, go back to work. I'll be okay." I said.

"Something's wrong and you're to tell me everything this instant." She crossed her arms.

"No!" I said.

"Dileah Banks--"

I stormed out of the suite and headed to the elevator that was just about to close.

In it was Mr Bieber. Great.

I evened out my breathing and kept my eyes down as I heard Ms Jones call after me.

"Everything okay, Banks?" Mr Bieber asked.

My lip quivered and I tried to squeeze myself into the corner.

"Dileah." I whispered.

"Dileah?" His tone was soft.

I whimpered as he stepped closer to me.

"It's okay. I won't hurt you." He said.

I didn't really trust him but then he hadn't given me a reason to fear him.

'Randy hadn't given you a reason to fear him when you first met.' My annoying inner voice said.

The elevator door opened and I noticed we were at the top floor.

Mr Bieber held out his hand for me.

I didn't move.

"Someone's gonna call this elevator down if we don't move fast. Then there will be me, you and some other people in here." He said. "I won't hurt you."

I slowly placed my hand in his soft one and together we left for his suite.

I took a seat on his couch, keeping my head down and my hands in my lap.

The room was nice and warm and I loved it. It was warmer than the house.

The house. Did I want to go back? I honestly felt like I'd had enough of being Randy's punching bag but where would I go?

"Would you like something to drink?" Mr Bieber asked me.

I nodded my head slightly.

"What would you like?" He asked.