Forty Four.

After a nice long shower and hair washing, I quietly got dressed in my bedroom as Justin got ready in his.

I straightened my hair and got dressed in that beautiful maroon dress that I wore with black heels. I put on a bit of perfume and did my makeup.

I was really nervous and I hoped that this evening would go smoothly.

I let Justin into the room after he'd knocked a few times. He looked so handsome in his grey suit. He wore his shirt without a tie, the top buttons undone. He looked mouthwatering.

"Hey." I smiled sincerely at him.

"Hey." He smiled back at me. "I knew that dress would look great on you."

I smiled.

"If you're here to ask if I'm ready, I believe I am." I said.

"Good. I came here to give you a little something." His smile broadened.

"Justin..."

"I wanted to." He said. "Turn around."

I turned around and looked at him and I through the large mirrors that were the closet doors.

Justin put his hand in his pocket and got out a golden necklace. I held my hair out of the way so he could put it on me, then I admired it through the mirror. It was a simple gold necklace that had a heart pendant on it.

I smiled and turned around to face him.

"It's beautiful." I whispered.

"I thought it would be a perfect touch to your outfit tonight." He smiled. "I'm glad you like it."

"I'd wear the bracelet you got me but I don't think maroon and blue go together." I smiled.

"You've worn that bracelet so much, one evening without it won't kill anyone."

I blushed and felt the coolness of the golden necklace with my hand.

"Thank you." I said to Justin.

He kissed my forehead.

"Get what you need. I'm going downstairs. I think Lewis is waiting." Justin said.

I nodded.

Justin walked out the room and I went to put some of my makeup and my phone into my black clutch bag. Chanel, I think.

--

The drive to Justin's parents' house was quiet. I didn't even feel like listening to music and as nervous as I was, I didn't think I wanted food either.

Justin held my hand and was absent-mindedly stroking my knuckles with his thumb.

I glanced over at him and took in his beautiful features. He was growing a little stubble and his hair was perfectly set, not a strand out of place.

He turned to me and smiled an infectious smile.

"What are you looking at?" He asked me.

"You." I said, "I used to think you were intimidating in a suit."

"What do you think now?" He was amused.

"You're still kinda intimidating. But also really, really handsome. As usual."

Justin smiled.

"That's flattering. Thank you."

I nodded.

"How much longer til we get to your parents' house?" I asked.

"About 15 more minutes." Justin said.