Twenty Six.

Catherine had made lunch and Justin was too busy working to come down for some. I'd finished my food and I'd waited for him to show up in the kitchen but he didn't so I took his food up to him in his study.

Catherine had told me to be careful because Justin didn't like being bothered when he was in his study but I was willing to take the risk. If he could force me to eat, I was going to force him to do the same.

I knocked on the door of the study and waited for a response but I got none.

Maybe Catherine was right. What if I was disturbing something really important?

I knocked again.

No response.

I sighed and put the food on the floor then I turned and started walking to my room.

I heard the door of the study click open.

"Dileah." I heard Justin say.

I stood at my bedroom door and looked at him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. I just thought I should bring up your lunch cause it was getting cold."

Justin looked down at the floor then bent down to pick up the food.

"Come." He smiled at me.

I was hesitant to move at first so I just stood there and fiddled with the sleeves of my hoodie.

"I won't bite you, Dileah. Come sit with me in here." He said.

I walked towards him and followed him into his study.

Justin sat at his desk and I sat on the other side. He quickly typed something then he closed his laptop and pushed it to the side before he ate his food.

He was so beautiful, I couldn't help but watch his every move. I loved how his jaw clenched when he chewed. He had on a pair of jeans and a pastel blue cotton shirt that hugged his body just right.

He glanced up at me and smiled.

I blushed.

"U-Uh, I spoke to Ms Jones last night on the phone." I said. "She said hi."

"Oh. That's very nice of her. I'm guessing you were talking about me."

"We don't always talk about you, Justin." I tried to play it cool.

He gave me an amused smile then took a sip of his water.

I smiled.

"What did you say about me?" He asked.

"We didn't talk about you." I lied.

Justin nodded.

"Excuse me for getting my hopes up." He smiled.

I smiled too.

"What did you dream about last night?" Justin changed the topic.

My smile slowly faded and I scratched the back of my neck.

"I can't remember." I said honestly after a moment of racking my brain.

"Do you know what could've made you cry out like you did?" Justin asked.

I frowned.

I didn't want to talk about that so I shook my head and looked at my fingers.

I heard Justin put his cutlery down.

"Maybe it's the new environment." I put on a smile and looked at him.

My lying skills weren't, at all, sharp but, I was hoping they'd work this time.