Four.

Mr Bieber was on the phone when I got to his suite at midday so I patiently waited at the door for him to finish.

He was out of his suit and wore a white t-shirt and sweat pants. Such a huge transformation, I thought. But he looked effortlessly handsome either way, just less intimidating in sweat pants.

I looked around the room and noticed how slightly messy it had become in the space of only a few hours. There were folders on the coffee table and papers on the floor. His laptop was open on the couch and a cup of coffee had stained the coffee table. I also noticed that the TV was on. The news.

He ended his call and smiled at me.

"You came. Banks." He said.

"Yes. I take my job really seriously." I defended myself.

He didn't stop smiling.

Such a beautiful smile.

"I can tell. You did a great job cleaning up this suite. This might be the cleanest suite I've stayed in, in a while." He said.

"Well... We aim to please." I repeated Mr Smith's words.

"I'm sorry I messed up the place a little. I've been pretty busy." He said.

I could tell.

"I just need two of my suits cleaned. Do you have a dry cleaner here?" He asked.

Did he not read our brochure?

"No. But there's one just a block down." I said.

"Could you drop it off please?"

"I thought my job was to clean up your suite. Not... Drop things off and pick them up for you." I said.

He arched an eyebrow.

"I thought you aimed to please." He said smartly.

"We do. We please within the walls of the hotel. Not elsewhere." I said.

"Fair enough. I'll get Mr Smith to get someone else to drop the suits off. Someone else could do with a generous tip." He picked up his coffee and took a sip.

I needed a generous tip, I thought.

The things money made us do. No other guest had requested such from us. No wonder Mr Smith was so fussy about Mr Bieber.

"I'll do it." I said.

Mr Bieber put his coffee down.

"Thank you. I left my suits on the bed. They're to be handled delicately."

So demanding.

"What else do you need?" I asked him with a hint of sarcasm in my tone.

"Nothing. For now." He smiled.

I nodded and went to get the suits off his bed.

"Thank you, Banks." He said as I headed for the door.

I suddenly felt old because of being called by my surname, especially by someone who was around my age.

"I'll come check on you before my shift ends." I said.

He said nothing so I left his suite and went to the dry cleaner.

I visited Ms Jones in the laundry room to tell her all about this new guest and she was loving everything I had to tell her about him.

"He's pretty tall too, Ms Jones. And he's intimidating when he's in a suit." I giggled.

She smiled.

"I should take some towels up so I can meet him."

"He'd probably get upset. He's the kind of guy who knows exactly what he wants. He told Mr Smith that he wants me to clean his suite for him. Nobody else." I said.

"What kind of nonsense is that?"

I chuckled.

"Is he a pervert?" Ms Jones asked. "I mean, that's ridiculous."

I shrugged, "He asked me to drop his suits at the dry cleaner."

She raised her eyebrows in shock.

"No one's ever asked of that here." She said.

"Exactly. So... He is a weird man, if you ask me. A handsome weird man." I smiled.

"You get intimidated my handsome men. How are you coping?" Ms Jones teased me.

I blushed.

"I don't have a choice this time. I have to face Mr Bieber. There's no way out." I shrugged.

She giggled.

"Well hopefully you make enough money out of this." Ms Jones said.

I smiled slightly.

I never quite figured out what I was saving up for but I was. I'd given up hope on heading back to college. I was too grown for that, I thought. The last thing I needed was to be in class with a bunch of teenagers.

"Yeah." Was all I said.

I wanted my own place. That's what I knew. But I couldn't bring myself to leave Randy. I thought he could change. Without the booze and blunts, he was a decent guy. He just never was good at communicating, that's the problem.

"Let's go grab some doughnuts at the coffee shop." Ms Jones smiled warmly at me.

She could tell I was getting upset.

I exhaled and nodded.

When it was time for me to check on Mr Bieber, just before knocking off work, he wasn't in his suite. Less pressure on me.

I got to sorting his mess out and that took my mind off a lot. I just hoped he wouldn't get mad at me for piling his work up. Some people got touchy when it came to their work being tampered with.

I stood at the big window that overlooked the beach and I just stared ahead.

It was so peaceful up here. I loved feeling a little powerful. It was a different feeling. Each time I stood up here, I felt in control and important. Each time I stepped out of here, I felt less than that. And now it was time for me to step out.