Fourteen.

After having been examined at a hospital, Justin took me to a restaurant for a late dinner.

It wasn't a fancy place, much to my relief. In just jeans, Converse sneakers and a hoodie, I would've stood out.

We sat quietly at a table that was well in the middle of the restaurant. I'd thought well and covered my bruises on my face with makeup because the way this place was packed, I would've drawn lots of attention to myself if I hadn't put any makeup on.

We had pizza for dinner.

Carefree Justin Bieber.

He watched me bite into my food carefully and I noticed a smile on his face. I figured that he was just happy to see me eat something. How could I say no to pizza? I hadn't had some in a while.

I'd been given some medication at the hospital. Justin promised the doctor that he'd make sure I took them.

I only had fractured bones, just a few. They'd heal over time, I was told. I didn't need a cast or anything like that so I was relieved. The most I got was a bandage around my wrist which I hadn't even noticed had swollen.

"How long were you with him for?" Justin started conversation.

Did we really have to talk about this now? While I was enjoying my pizza?

I looked up at him and swallowed my food.

"Since... High school." I said.

"Was he always like this towards you?"

I shook my head.

"I'd hope not. I'd question your sanity if you'd gotten with him and he'd been this beastly from the start."

I didn't know what to say in response.

"What did you do to set him off?" He continued.

"When?" I asked.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Last night? The other times before? The first time?" I said.

"Last night." He answered.

"Caught him cheating on me. I later learned that it wasn't classified as cheating because our relationship was dead." I tried to find the humour in that.

Justin's lips curved into a frown.

"I do hope you report him to the police." He said.

I didn't know if I wanted to. I felt that I left my feelings in that house and that that's where I stopped being Randy's toy. I got my revenge by knocking him out and I felt damn good about it. Police wouldn't make me feel better. They'd just keep Randy in my life longer.

Justin studied my face as he took a sip of his water.

I ignored him and continued eating.

"For what it's worth, I think you're a strong, brave woman." He said.

I looked at him.

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop earlier on but I heard everything you told Ms Jones. I am sad for you."

What the heck?

I swallowed my food.

"I don't want your sympathy." I said.

Justin said nothing for a moment.

"You open up really easily to Ms Jones." He said.

"I've known her long enough."

"She's a lovely woman."

"I know."

"I'm glad you're talking to someone about things."