24

When he got downstairs he didn't see Morgan so he started the coffee pot himself, before twisting to put some bread in the toaster. He wasn't sure how much he would be able to stomach this morning.

"I'm going to make us some smoothies as well, those are good for after workout" Derek says entering the room. Reid nods and steps out of the older mans way as he crouched to get the blender out of the cupboard. Spencer moved to get this things together, putting a few stray books back into his bag. He froze when his hand brushed against the cold glass of a vial. His skin caught fire, the heat building up from the crook of his elbows and spreading across his whole body. His fingers got numb, and he felt his eyes unfocus.

"Reid?" Morgan had noticed the young doctor going still. When he turned Derek got very concerned at how pale and out of focus the younger man looked.

"Spencer?'' Morgan walked toward his friend, raising his hands a little. Reid didn't react, but Morgan saw his teeth chewing on his lip, and noticed the muscles in his arm flexing and relaxing.

"Kid?" Morgan got closer, putting his hand on Spencer's arm.

"I didn't-" spencer cleared his throat, his voice was so soft morgan had to lean closer to his mouth, "I didn't know, I swear"

"You didn't know what?"

"I forgot, im sorry"

"You forgot what? Spencer you're scaring me"

"I didn't use, I promise, I promise Morgan" Spencer's wide eyes were on Derek now, and the older man felt a chill go down his back at how dissociated Spencer looked. His eyes were glassy and not really seeing morgan.

"Ok, ok let me just see" Morgan slowly put his hand in the bag, his own fingers gently touching Spencer's arm until he felt what Spencer was touching. Morgan slowly brushed Spencer's hand out of the way and took the vial in his own, pulling it out of the bag.
The vial glinted under the kitchen lights,

"I didn't, Morgan I didn't-'' Spencer was tripping over his words, his body trembling under the hand Derek kept on his shoulder.

"Hey, hey kid calm down, it's ok I believe you" Spencer has hardly been alone in days, and he's been so much different and better than before he came to morgan's house, the older man fully believed him.

"Get rid of it" Spencer whispered, closing his eyes and finally moving his body, turning it away from morgan and taking a step away. "Please, morgan"

"Ok, ill get rid of it"

"Now!" Spencer screechted making Morgan jump, he watched as Spencer's hand came up and started digging into the scarred skin of his inner elbow.

"Hey" morgan reached forward and grabbed the hand, "stop that, i'm getting rid of it ok?" Morgan quickly left the room, making sure spencer didn't follow him he slipped the vial into his own work bag. He would give it to Hotch, maybe they could trace it back to where Spencer got it, his dealer or something. Morgan hurried back to the kitchen, Spencer stood at the island, his hands white knuckling the edge of the counter as his eyes glared at the counter top.

"Here, it's gone, how about you help me with the smoothies?" Derek was trying to get Spencer's mind off it.

"I'm not a child!" spencer growls,

"What?"

"Everyone needs to stop treating me like a fucking child!" Spencer screamed, spinning around and glaring at derek.

"Whoa, spencer-"

"No! Stop!" Spencer's face was pink, his eyes wide and his chest was heaving with every breath.