15

When Spencer woke up his entire body was burning. He went to move his arms but was restrained. Panic gripped his chest again, he wasn't dreaming, he was back in the cabin. He tried to calm his breathing, taking stock of his body and the state it was in while keeping his eyes closed. It felt battered and sore, but the only thing causing him the most concern was the throbbing in his head was more intense than usual and there was a burning on his left arm, on the edges of the burning was itching, his whole body itches but the area around that spot on his arm itches worse than everything else.  He decided to try and open his eyes, to access his injuries better, and to also make sure that he still had his feet since they were tingling and parts felt numb.  His eyes slowly creaked open, the harsh light made pain shoot through his head. His body jolted and he slammed his eyes shut again. He went to rub his eyes but again his hands stayed tied down. Spencer snapped his eyes open, throwing his body backward in panic.

"Whoa! Reid" Morgans' voice made him jump. "Hey! I told you not to strap him down!" Morgans' angry voices made Spencer tremble, and Spencer flinched when he felt hands removing the restraints.

"What happened?" Spencer coraked, bringing his hands up right away to rub his temple.

"Did I get hurt on the field?" He let out a dry laugh, "soon they'll realize I probably shouldn't be out there"

"You don't remember?"  Morgan sounded closer, and Spencer heard the slight screeching of a chair being dragged across the floor. "Can you look at me?" Morgan sounded hesitant and Spencer frowned at that, before slowly forcing his eyes open. The light was harsh and it hurt but he kept trying to keep them open. They kept fluttering closed trying to get relief. Morgans face was blurry, the edges glowing harshly from the lights above them.  "What do you see?"

"What do I see? Morgan I see you, and I see" Spencer looked around the room, squinting, "I see a hospital room, Morgan why are we in a hospital room"

"Reid" Morgan leaned forward, resting his hand on the bed near Spencer's leg, careful not to actually touch him though.

"Morgan just tell me what happened" Spencer snapped, the throbbing in his head coupled with his teammate babying him, Spencer was getting irritated.

"You had an episode" Morgan said softly, but the words felt like a slap.

"An episode?" Spencer was confused, he didn't have episodes, his mother had episodes, unsubs could have episodes, but Spencer, not him. Spencer was a genius and he was working through some problems but that was the thing, he was getting through them.

"What day is today?"

"Friday"

"Friday what"

"The 12th"

See it's been 22 hours, wait 22 hours? Where did the time go? How long had Spencer been in the hospital?

"Morgan"

"Yea kid?"

"How long have I been here?" Spencer was fidgeting at the edge of his blanket, his eyes focusing on the bandage that wrapped around his left forearm.

"We brought you in last night to get that stitched up, and Hotch and I are trying to-"

"Wait Hotch?!" Spencer squeaked, his stomach dropping. Oh no, oh no, this is bad, this is so bad.

"Hey, Reid calm down its ok"

No it wasn't, it was not ok, his boss and his friend have him in a hospital and he couldn't remember what happened to his arm and he was working through it himself. He had it under control.