➷ Embarrassing moment | Tomioka Giyuu

冨岡 義勇

The sound of laughter made Y/N turn, eyes widening a little as she saw the group of Pillars gather together. It was such a sight, seeing the strongest and most respected Slayers all together, having a good time.

She wonder what they're talking about to have such a laugh, but didn't want to eavesdrop as it was rude, the Pillars could probably sense her presence anyway. So she decided to walk off but halted when she heard certain words.

"Tomioka-san, I have to ask, but did you really not know that people dislike you?" Shinobu joked, covering her smile with a hand as she stare at the stoic man. Y/N could see the Sound Pillar, Uzui Tengen nudge Shinobu at the side while laughing.

Although the girl knew they were only joking—at least she hope so—and the Pillars all share a deep trust and love between them, she felt a burn in her chest, she can't help but feel uncomfortable and want to correct them.

As both his disciple and successor, she had to butt in to support her master. "That's not true!" Before her mind could even process, the words came out, catching the Pillars' attention.

"I like Tomioka-san!" She huffed, head held high and proud as his disciple and successor, at that time, she ignored the Pillars' widened eyes and maybe some stifled laughter. At that time.

L/N F/N pulled at her H/C hair harshly, not caring if her scalp were to rip off if it meant erasing that embarrassing moment from two days ago, she let out an unladylike scream mixing with a groan, crouched down as she hung her head in shame.

She's probably a laughingstock in the Pillars' eyes now. Encouraging words from the Flame Pillar like; 'How sweet! I admire your strong bond with Tomioka for you to speak out like this! You're courageous! Keep it up!' didn't really help much.

A croaky sigh left her lips, like how her soul left her body, no really, you could literally see a gray, floaty figure coming out of the human vessel.

"Y/N, what are you doing on the ground?" A familiar smooth voice cause her to screech, immediately standing up straight and stiff. "T-Tomioka-san!"

She chuckled nervously, looking away from his sharp gaze and silently pray to every God out there that the one she admires the most, didn't see her wailing and screaming just now.

"S-Should we begin the training?" She started, sweating even more when Giyuu narrowed his eyes. "We just finished training, that's why I was wondering why you're still here."

"Oh..." She feel herself shrink under his intimidating figure. There was silence between them, usually, Y/N would always be the one starting conversations between the two, but since she's so flustered, she couldn't find words and dared not to speak.

"...Since we're already together here, do you want to get dinner?" Giyuu asked with his usual stoic expression, but it relived Y/N that they were no longer silent. "Sure! Dinner sounds great!"

When they arrived at the cozy restaurant, they took a seat on the stools, Y/N noted in her mind what Giyuu ordered, wanting to know more about the man. "Tomioka-san, you like simmered salmon with daikon?" She smiled at his nod, finally, she got a bit of information of his likings. "You?" He surprisingly asked back.

They had small talks here and there, with Y/N talking about her favorite dishes with a happy glint in her eyes.

"Y/N..." Giyuu trailed, making the female hum, head tilted. "That day..." She immediately stiffened. That day. What day could it be? It must be that day when she spoke up for him! She internally panicked, not wanting to be reminded of that incident.

"Thank you." Those two words made Y/N snap out of her own thoughts, eyes staying wide, slowly blinking one or two times. "Thank you, for speaking up for me. And...for liking me." She was caught off guard, staring at him for a few seconds before lips stretching into a wide grin. "No problem!" She beamed.

"To be honest, I think no one dislike you! I think everyone secretly admires you and think of how great you are!" Giyuu appreciate her words, he really do, but when a certain Insect Pillar came to his mind, he really wonder if everyone secretly admires him and think of how great he is. The conversation ended there, they waited for their orders in comfortable silence.

Once their orders came, Y/N smile down on her dish, ready to dine in when a blinding light came from beside her, a gasp escaped her.

What's this? Is this a demon's blood technique?

Her hand reach for her sword almost instantly, but stopped when the light dies down.

It's no demon, it's just Giyuu smiling.

Giyuu smiled contently at the simmered salmon paired with winter radish, about to pick up his chopsticks before freezing and eyes widening.

Last time he smiled like this, it disgusted Kochou. The smile quickly disappeared, he hope his disciple hasn't seen him like that yet, he does not wish to disgust her too—

Another blinding light came, he turn to find Y/N staring at him with sparkling eyes and smiling widely.

"Tomioka-san! I never knew you'd smile like that!" She started off, inching closer to him. "Ah, well-"

"If having simmered salmon with daikon means getting to see you smile like that, I'll gladly order more! Ten simmered salmon with daikon, please!" She said to the owner, who responded with a concerned look due to the large order, she pay no mind.

"Wait no Y/N-"

"Tomioka-san, Tomioka-san! I know the food isn't here yet, but please smile more! I love your smile!"

The Water Pillar, one of the highest ranked and strongest swordsman now find himself weak in front of the happy girl, finding no strength to stop her excited self as he was slowly pushed back due to her getting closer and closer.

"But...Kochou didn't find it as pleasing as you did." The girl immediately replied.

"I'm sure she's just hiding it! Because you look absolutely adorable, Tomioka-san!" She was still all giddy, wanting to see more of his smile.

Deciding to entertain his only disciple—and probably the only one who'd find his smile adorable—he smiled. The H/C haired girl squealed, gushing over the simple stretch of lips.

Now that he think about it, he never actually saw this side of her. She was talkative, sometimes shy and awkward with new people, but she was never this excited and happy about something.

Guess they both discovered a new side of each other.