➷ Weak | Iguro Obanai

伊黒小芭内

𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲:

a/n: i'm not 100% confident that i can grasp his personality so i'll try to not make him OOC! please do tell me if he is so that i can improve in further oneshots for him :)

»«

"You're getting better" Obanai (surprisingly) complimented you as he dodges your sword.

"That's rare coming from you!" you faked a shocked expression, only to chuckle later.

"Focus" he narrowed his eyes as he land a kick to your knee, causing you to fall down, the moment you were about to stand up, his sword is already near your neck.

"J-Jeez...fine, you win" you surrendered as you look away, trying to hide the blush forming on your face because of the close distance.

He stood up and sheathed his sword,

"Like I said, you're getting better, better than all of the new recruits"

"Thanks for the compliment, I guess?" you stood up and gave him a smile, he look away, his mask helping him cover the deep red on his cheeks.

"You have a mission tomorrow, don't you?" he asked,

"Hm, yea. Nothing serious, though" you swung your blade, practicing.

"Don't be dumb and survive" he said, you smiled, since that's the way of him saying 'be careful'.

"Is Iguro-san caring for his tsuguko?" you teased, continue focusing on swinging your blade.

His snake teased along as he send a glare at it.

"Don't worry, it's not like I'll meet a Twele Kizuki or something" you stopped your movements, looking at him,

"If I do, I'll defeat it!" you said proudly as your eyes glowed in excitement.

"As if." he deadpanned.

"Hey, I'm serious! Watch me, I'll defeat it for sure" you gave a grin.

Obanai stare at you for a moment, before deciding to speak,

"You better, you are my successor after all."

"Exactly! Because I'm your successor, I am confident about defeating one" you gave him one of your bright smiles.

"Hm" he hummed, smiling slightly underneath his mask.

That was the last conversation he had with you before you went on a mission.

He waited, and waited.

He waited for you to show up in his training area after your mission, and even possibly bragging about defeating a Twelve Kizuki.

Rushed footsteps were heared as a certain pink to green haired female came, she halted when she reached her friend's place as she stare at him with a worried gaze.

"Kanroji, what's wrong?" Obanai asked, obviously confused as to why the all time cheerful girl were looking as if she's disturbed by whatever she heared/saw just now.

"You...you don't know?" she asked, her voice shook as she form the words, Obanai's eyes narrowed, eager to find out what the female meant.

"What-"

As if on cue, your crow came flying, loudly saying,

"[L/N] [F/N]! [L/N] [F/N] has died after defeating Lower Moon Four!"

Mitsuri clenched her fist at the harsh news, knowing how her friend held romantic feelings for the said female, she immediately came to find the Snake Pillar after hearing the news, worried sick about him.

He was silent, Mitsuri sweat dropped as she tries to meet his eyes, his head was lowered.

Without a word, Obanai stood as he begin walking,

"Iguro-" Mitsuri reached out for him, but soon stopped as she realize she should probably give him some alone time.

Standing on the rooftop, he gaze into the night sky as the image of your bright smile printed on his mind.

If only you didn't encounter a Twelve Kizuki.

If only he trained you harder to make you stronger.

If only he were there to protect you.

"So you kept your words, you defeated a Lower Moon, but that also results you in dying."

No matter how firm his voice is, it doesn't change the fact that lone tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Weak."

"You're so weak, Obanai."