➷ Broken promises | Uzui Tengen

宇髄 天元

a/n: cause i love suffering :,)

»«

"Look! Isn't this flower beautiful?" your small hands touched the fully bloomed daffodil, smiling slightly.

"Yea, it's beautiful like you!" he said, smiling proudly as he place his hands on his hips, satisfied with his respond.

He was only a little taller than you at that time.

You blushed at his comment, who wouldn't?
It's your crush saying that to you.

It was just a really, really small love, can you even call it love?

"I'll marry you when we grow up, I promise!" he said, grabbing your hands tightly in his, grinning widely.

It was just words from a 11 year old, yet you held such high hopes.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Then I'll promise to wait for you too!"

You wonder, have he already forgotten about it?

Because you sure haven't.

People drift away from each other as years pass, you and him aren't an exception.

Still, you would occasionally meet each other, though it only consists of small talks before he got called to another mission due to being a Pillar.

Being in the Kinoe rank isn't all that easy, but you thought it would be a good opportunity to clear your mind, instead of focusing on him.

The next time you meet, he was accompanied with three beautiful wives, and have already retired.

He look happy.

Your heart clenched, but it wasn't as painful as before, or was that just you trying to convince yourself?

A strong and comforting arm wrap around you, startled as you look up, to find Kyoujurou's warm smile.

You relaxed and smiled back at the man who helped you through everything.

Uzui stare at the two of you, his lips smiling, eyes empty.

"Are you two planning on to get married?" Tengen forced the words out.

"Yes!" Kyoujurou, being the loud person he is, replied enthusiastically.

"I see" he trailed his eyes to you, only to witness your gaze fixed on his fellow Pillar friend.

Not him.

Bidding him goodbye, you turn on your back with Kyoujurou, you moved on, you were sure you did, but the feeling still lingers.

Uzui's wives have already gone to do chores around his estate, but he stayed still, eyes focusing on the back of your figure,

"You promised."

Unsurprisingly, his estate has a large beautiful garden, it was only filled with daffodils.

Daffodil symbolizes regard and chivalry. It is indicative of rebirth, new beginnings and eternal life,

yet it also symbolizes unrequited love.

"You promised."