ALLERGIC TO FRIENDS

CATHEDRAL'S POV

I sat in the conference on the VC project. I took note of everything that was being said and suggested.

The slides were shuffled and I found myself drifting into the events that took place in the previous week.

Samantha has been staying with us for a couple of weeks now, everything was running smoothly. We had to put her into a daycare much to my hate, But with the project into its vital and final stage, I could not spare time to look after her.

She had been doing good at art and last sunday, we made cupcakes together. Jason and I were so attached to her already, it would tear our souls to let her go.

I and Jason were spending a lot time with her, keeping her happy was wordlessly his and mine priority.

We had visited the zoo, the mall , park and many other places in these two weeks. She was such an angel, I loved her so much, like she was my own blood.

My heart often took a route back to the question that stands before us, What about the future?

Whenever this question raised in me, my mind told my heart to shut the fudge up!

Will Jason want kids? Maybe in the future.

I was that race of people who adored kids and loved them. Whenever I saw a pregnant woman, I often thought, how lucky she must be to have been blessed with the grace of your own blood, something through you, someone so dear, no matter what, you will always protect and love.

" Miss Cathedral, What do you say then?" Cooper Flegman asked me.

" I am sorry I did not quite catch that, could you repeat Mr Flegman?"

" The fundraiser for architectural companies like ours, We have decided along with the CEO, some employees needed to be there, since you are the one handling Mr Knight's project,you should go." He repeated and I noted not to zoom out ever again like this.

" Sure sir, when is-"

" You will get all the details through an email." He cut me off and dismissed everyone.

I went back to my office and checked the progress on the VC project, the construction had begun already.

" Cathedral this side." I picked the telephone.

" It's me, your ol'chap. I hope you do recognise me right?" No, it was Alex again.

" Why are calling me?" I asked as tears were already surfacing to my eyes.

" We need to meet-"

" So you can kill me like last time? No I will not meet you and you better stop with your threats." I shouted and cut the call.

The door opened and both Jason and Xavier rushed in,

"Are you okay?" They both said in a unison and looked at each other.

" Good afternoon gentlemen, how may I help you?" I faked my innocence.

" What is up with you love?" Jason asked me and Xavier was perplexed.

" Love?" Xavier asked and looked in between me and Jason.

" Cathedral is my girlfriend, have a problem with that?." Jason growled at him.

" Sir if you-" I wanted to kick them out for creating nuisance in my cabin.

" You are with Jason Blake?" Xavier turned towards me.

" Sir, not to sound rude but my personal affairs are none of your concerns." I said formally.

" To what do I owe this pleasure for both of your sudden arrivals?" I continued sarcastically.