LOVE THAT CONSUMMATES YOU

CATHEDRAL'S POV

" I will have those documents signed and send it to you, Thank you for meeting me Mr Saltzman." I said as we shook hands. 

I sat in my car and asked Mark to drive me to the supermarket as I checked time on my watch, I had exactly seven hours to prepare for everything. Jason was going to be late tonight and I wanted to give him a surprise, a well deserved surprise. 

I went and bought all the things I would need. I had ordered a Rolex, which was yet to be introduced in market with a little help from Matt.Not to forget, I had a made a very heart touching gift while being on house arrest which was saved for tomorrow evening. We were seeing no progress in the financial department case, which had to be delayed as I would be in New York next week. My phone ringing brought me back to reality.

" Hello" I picked up the phone without checking the caller ID.

" Why do you sound so stressed, Wes?" I immediately recognised the voice.

 " Hey, Jason, it's just piles of files are yet to be read and signed, workload." I lied, not fully.

" Don't over work yourself Wes."

" I won't , what are you doing?"

" Hmm.. let me think, I was thinking of how I would take you dow-"

" Do not complete that sentence , Jason Blake"

"Opps.. am I in trouble?"

" Neck deep, I am sorry but got to go."

I cut the call and reached his house and unlocked it. The smell of his cologne illusioning me into thinking that he was present here.

It took me three hours to bake the cake, clean the mess, decorate it and  the place. I had convinced Jason's parents to let me give him a surprise. I was at his home giving some final touches to the place. I had decorated the whole place with red roses, candles and some golden backdrop. I was impressed with my work!

I had taken one last look before leaving as I other places to be.

____________________

" Hey, How is everything going in there ?" I asked.

" Everything is fine in here, are you ready ?"

" I am just driving to his place."

"Okay, be safe, I love you."

" I love you too, mom."

I furiously searched for the key in my purse as I heard the horn of Jason's car. It was 12:34 now.

I rushed inside and took out the cake and switched the lights off. I was so nervous as I fiddled with my black short dress. I heard the door open and the lights turned on. I came out of hiding.

" Happy birthday, Jason!" I shouted on top of my voice as I absorbed his reaction.

He said nothing but came and hugged me tightly.

"This is so- Wow did you do this all alone." He was really surprised and had not seen this coming.

" Yes but your parents helped me to sneak in here."

" Thank you so much, Wow, thank you Wes."

" Come on let's cut the cake." 

We walked upto the chocolate cake with strawberries on the top.

" Did yo-"

" You knew I can cook right, come on cut the cake I can't wait to eat it." I screamed in excitement.