Chapter 43: Strategy

Happy Birthday to our Sanshine!!!

10/07/2020

10/07/2020

—————

I looked out at the sea below me and breathed in a large lungful of the brisk wind lapping against my body. The boys, Ali and I have practically been in-and-out of Hongjoong's office for the past couple of days as we drew closer and closer to Gimgye, constantly strategising and planning for every situation that could possibly occur.

It came to my attention that the boys weren't so worried about my health now as every plan strangely came to the conclusion that if things went south, it was up to me and my powers to get us out alive.

I wasn't complaining though, I mean I've never felt better and if they needed me to use my powers, I would gladly oblige.

I was interrupted from my thoughts by a flask being offered to me by the Master Gunner. I shifted my body so that I was facing him and shot him a small smile as I took the bottle and held it up to my nose to smell its contents. A bigger smile curved up on my lips as the sweet smell of the drink filled my senses with a tingling bliss.

"Apple cider? How did you know?" I asked Wooyoung with a cheeky grin.

The gunner scoffed and took a place next to me, resting his elbows on Treasure's railings.

"You didn't know? The aura around you is practically screaming for Jongho's freshly squeezed apple cider!" He mused with a smirk on his face, gesturing for me to take a sip of the cool liquid.

I did as he prompted and as the sweetness of the apple mixed with the tang of fermentation hit my palettes, I felt as though the energy that had previously subsided from my body had resurrected and was now stronger ten-fold. I sighed happily as the flask left my lips earning another soft chuckle from Wooyoung.

I nudged him playfully by his shoulder before handing him the closed flask.

"Thanks Woo,"

He smiled, taking the bottle from my hands, "Anytime Illa!"