Chapter 23: Trapped

"Wait a minute."

We all looked to Hongjoong who had his eyes fixed on the ground. Ever since Wooyoung mentioned the notion of Qin Li playing some 'game' with us we all started wondering about the possibility that he really might've been.

"Illa, did you really not hear anything?"

Hongjoong's gaze met mine as the rest turned to look at me. I cocked my head slightly, trying to remember anything strange from last night but I shook my head.

"No, I didn't.."

"How is that possible? I mean, I'm pretty sure the whole kingdom would've heard our screams,"
Wooyoung commented bringing a hand to his chin.

"This may sound really bad but.. last night was the best sleep I've had in a long time.." I fidgeted with my skirt, embarrassment surging through my body.

They hummed at my words as I kept my head down, I can't believe I actually slept through all of that.

"It doesn't sound bad Illa. If anything it makes more sense." Hongjoong replied.

"What do you mean Hyung?"
Jongho asked, crossing his arms.

"The guards outside my room were talking, saying something about how they couldn't get to your room but they didn't say why.."

"Did you put up a forcefield or something when you were sleeping?"

"Umm I don't know.. maybe? I don't really have control over what happens when I'm asleep. But I've never done anything like that before,"

Could it be possible that I sensed trouble even when I was asleep?

"Well whatever you did, I'm just glad that you didn't have to go through whatever that psycho had planned for you."

A small smile draped over my lips as San's relieved tone put me at ease. Honestly, I was relieved too, because I really don't think I want to know what he would've done to me either.

However my relief was short-lived, as something tugged at my heart causing me to let go of San's hand and bring my arms to my sides.

"Wait, where's Ali?"

The five of them looked at me and then looked at each other before looking back to me again.

"I think she's still in her room. We haven't seen her since last night." Mingi answered as I nodded at his words. I gestured for the boys to follow me as I practically ran to Ali's room. I stopped in front of the door as a sudden wave of fear washed over me.

It was ajar.

Someone had tried to get in.

I felt the quickened breaths from the other five as cold sweat crawled up my back, accompanying me when I pushed the doors open and entered the room.

It was empty.

I looked around at the small area. It was neat. The furniture hadn't been upturned and her bed was still perfectly made.

"Now I'm really confused,"
San commented, probably noticing the same things as me.

"Me too.." I replied as I ran my palm along the silk bed sheets. A deep sigh left my lips as San placed a hand on my back. I turned to the other four and looked them each in the eyes.

"We're getting her back. After that, we're getting off this island."

They all nodded in agreement as Hongjoong led us out of the room. When we made our way back to the courtyard we were met with Seonghwa and Yunho who were squatting down next to the orchids busy wiping sweat off of their foreheads.