Chapter 34: Apologies

"Hey Cap, Seonghwa-hyung is going out to the marketplace to get some spices for Mingi's mum, do you need anything?"

Yunho asked as he popped his head through the door, earning a small chuckle from the man inside. Hongjoong shook his head, saying that he didn't need anything to which the taller straightened himself up and cheered an, "Okay!" before turning to leave his captain's room.

Hongjoong sat himself down on the large bed in the middle of his room and took out a notebook from his bag. He opened its pages up to the information he compiled from both Lord Xing Chen's book and his own knowledge from facing Haemir five years ago. Knowing the Siren Queen, she definitely wasn't going to be leaving Mysnor anytime soon and she probably knew that they were going there. Heck, she probably bet on the fact that they would sail there.

A sigh echoed in his room as he fell back on his bed, the soft mattress cradling his over-used tired muscles as he stared up at the detailed frescoes adorned on the ceiling.

Several Years Ago...
"We prepared this room especially for you, Your Majesty. We thought that the frescoes would remind you of Eden,"

"Thank you, but please do not call me by that title, I'm no King."

Mr. Song let a small smile drape over his lips, "Do not be silly, child. You are the rightful and only heir to Eden's throne, it doesn't matter how many years it's been, that fact hasn't changed."

Hongjoong lowered his gaze from the man as he rubbed the back of his neck, a slight wave of embarrassment washing over him from Mr. Song's persistence.

"Well when you put it like that..."

Mr. Song chuckled, "Besides, when you and your crew rid this world of every last wretched demon, you'll take back your kingdom! I'm sure of it!"

Present:
A chuckle left Hongjoong's lips as he noted how much Mingi and his father were alike. The sheer stubbornness the both of them shared was painful at times but also incredibly comforting in a strange sort of way.

Getting Eden back? Now that would be something...

"Captain?"

Hongjoong was pulled out of his thoughts as he turned his attention to the knocking against his door. He pushed himself off of his bed and opened the door, eyes widening slightly at the person standing on the other side of it.

"Illa? Please, come in,"

He held the door open for her as she walked into his room, her head and gaze lowered from his and a visible slump in her shoulders as she walked past him.

"What can I do for you— what are you doing?"

Hongjoong looked down at her, flustered as she fell to her knees and placed her hands and forehead on the ground in front of him. He scrambled to pull her up from her bowed position, but she wouldn't budge. So, he crouched down in front of her, placing a hand on her back that was currently shaking from her deep breaths. His touch made her steady, and as he took her hand and pulled her up, he saw something in her eyes that made his heart sink.

"I-I'm so sorry, Hongjoong.."

He looked at the girl before him with even more confusion as they both sat down on the edge of his bed.

"What are you talking about? Why are you sorry?"

Her head was hung low, eyes fixed on her fingers that rested in her lap.

"I was unfair to you."

"I acted like an immature brat when you told me that you'd be leaving me here... I was such an idiot, because I thought that you were all leaving me.."