Chapter 8: Set Sail

2 Months Later

"Hey San! Can you come out here and help me with the sail?"
Mingi called to the sailing master who was busy fixing up his new office space.

"Yeah I'm coming!"

San made his way past the main deck to where the quarter master was. He had a large white sheet in his arms and released one to wave to his friend. San returned the gesture with a nod, taking one end of the sheet from Mingi. San speedily climbed up the rigging, making it to the top of the mast with the sheet still in his hand. He fixed the sheet onto the mast and used a free rope to swing back down to the deck.

"Wow, that was pretty cool San!"

He fixed his eyes onto the person who spoke. He let out a chuckle and a smile as he looked at the girl he had hardly seen in two months.

"Thanks Illa, but that can't compare to what you can do," He rubbed the back of his neck whilst showing her his eye smile. She had no choice but to smile too, his smile after all is contagious.

"Don't be silly. Mine is all magic, not really skill. You, you guys have worked hard honing your own skills, so if it's anything I can't compare to you."

San's eyes widened as he felt his heart rate slightly increase. She had flustered him with her words which she didn't mean to, she only spoke her mind. Illa noticed that about them, every time she complimented them they'd get slightly uncomfortable and avoid her gaze. She didn't understand it though.

"Alright everyone let's set sail!" Mingi was on the staircase ringing the new bell that he and Yunho had forged from the metals in one of the caves. The sound of the pounding metal brought everyone out from their own areas aboard the ship onto the deck. Hongjoong emerged from his office with a wide smile on his face. He looked at his friends fondly with a glint in his eyes as he ordered them to their positions to set Treasure on course.

The two girls watched the commotion from the upper deck, enjoying seeing the boys so alive and happy. Ali brought her gaze back to their island which was getting smaller by the second. Her thoughts flooded with the memories the two shared ever since washing up there, how they got their powers and what they escaped in the first place, which was still able to send chills down her spine.

                                ...

"San, Captain asked if you have a route planned out yet? He said you need to get one to him in the next 15 minutes,"
The quartermaster peeked his head into the sailing master's room. San was at his desk, examining his map.

"Tell him to keep heading North for another 50 knots, after that head  East. If we want to head to Calrath, it'll take at least a few days to a week."

Mingi signalled a 'Gotcha!' and exited from San's office to relay the message to Hongjoong.

San rolled the map up, sliding it into his spyglass. Illa had given him the instrument before they set sail. She said it was a gift from the island, something to help them find their way. She told him that the spyglass was ordinary to everyone besides himself, Yunho and Hongjoong who were able to activate its magic when they looked into it. It apparently showed them the islands that were nearby, when the naked eye or normal spyglasses couldn't. The map on the other hand showed them every island in existence, not just the ones that had been recorded, which was how San was able to figure out a way to leave the uncharted island with such ease.

He stretched his arms as he stared out into the rushing waves of the sea. In all honesty, he didn't think that they'd be on a ship again after what happened to them nearly three months ago. But he was glad they were.