Chapter 2: My name is Illa

"I can't believe that you let them go. They're pirates Illa. PIRATES."

"I didn't let them go. I just untied them-"

"Same difference. They're dangerous. Who knows what they could be capable of?"

"You saw them on the beach as clearly as I did Ali. No shipwreck, nothing. Just them, eight guys who needed our help. You can't tell me that just because they look like pirates we shouldn't do anything to help them."

"I just did."

I sighed as I watched Ali walk away from me. Was bringing them here really a mistake? Should I have just left them on the beach? No. We would have bumped into them eventually anyway. There's no point in trying to postpone the inevitable.

It's been a while since I left them. They're probably trying to leave the cave...
*"Mingi you're so weak! Let me try."*

*"Wooyoung it's no use, she trapped us in here-"*

*"With...a force field?"*

Looks like the detection spell I cast is starting to work. I'm beginning to understand what they're saying. Now, the next problem I need to figure out, is where they're going to sleep...

*snaps fingers* Got it.
.
.
.
After what seemed like hours since we saw that girl, Mingi, Jongho and Wooyoung were still trying to break the force field surrounding the cave.

"Can you three cut it out already? It's no use, you've been at this for hours and nothing has come to fruition."

Hongjoong waved his hand, signalling the three to come and sit down.
Why did she leave us? Where did she go?

"San, I guess your linguistic skills finally came to good use huh?" Seonghwa chuckled as he sat himself next to me.

"Yeah, I guess. Shame I can't speak it though."

The others always teased me for boasting in my talent for understanding foreign languages, now I guess they're thankful that I had.

"Yeosang, what do you make of this?" Seonghwa asked, indicating the force field situation we were in.

"Looks like magic to me."

"But..how?"

"I don't kno-"

Our heads turned at the sound of footsteps. The girl from before had returned with what looks to be stacks of bamboo in her arms. As soon as she reached the entrance of the cave, she motioned her hand, removing the force field and making her way directly to where we were all seated. She has powers?

"Forgive me, I was getting wood for you. I hope that you all feel a little better,"

"She said— wait. You can speak our language?"

"I just learnt how to."

We all looked at each other perplexed by what we had just heard. She just learnt how to speak Korean? That can't be possible. Can it? No it can't.

"What do you mean you just learnt how to?" Hongjoong questioned.

I'm pretty sure I saw a hint of panic in her eyes upon his question, but that quickly vanished back into her calm demeanour.

"Nothing. I meant nothing by that."

Hongjoong scratched the back of his head, muttering something to himself.
"Strange.. she's hiding something."

"How about we start over? I'm Hongjoong, this is Seonghwa, that's Mingi, Yeosang, Wooyoung, Jongho, Yunho and San. What's your name?"

After Hongjoong introduced us one by one, she took a good look at all of us, as if she were analysing our every feature. A small smile could be seen below her mask "Illa. My name is Illa."
.
. (Time skip to save them from anymore awkward conversations...)
.