-Twenty eight-

Sarah's P.O.V.

Putting the evidence in the briefcase, I feel as if someone was approaching me. My feeling was correct as I felt someone smack my back then side hug me, causing me to turn.

"Another splendid case from my favorite student."

"I'm your only student."

"Which would make it awkward if I hated you, now wouldn't it?"

"Possibly." I finish packing and close the case. "Was it great? I felt like I could've done better."

"Now, now, none of that; you did amazing and got the best possible result."

"Right." Better not to argue with her, I pick up the case and start walking out with her arm still around me causing her to follow. "Say when are you going to get me a sibling." I smiled cheekily. 

"Wha! huh?" She shrieked, causing some people to look at us.

I giggled. "Yeah, it must be pretty boring having one person under your wing right? It might be nice to have another potential lawyer to work with. Whether they go to this school or you find them randomly."

"Not really, I love just having you around, sometimes one is better then two."

I felt myself falter a bit with a feeling of heaviness hitting right at my core. "Yeah I guess so..."

"Then again... It would be nice to have more pupils right now while I'm young." She turns to look at me as we continue walking.

I look at her with wide eyes then smile at her as I walk closer to her to put my head on her shoulder. "That would be nice Mrs. Matthews.... real nice."

"Of course Sarah."

~~~

Locking the front door, I head towards my couch and felt myself drop face first on the cushions. I can hear Checks jogging towards me and jam his snout towards my neck, causing me to shriek and Checker to back up at the sudden outburst. I instantly calmed down and face planted again. "Checks, you know how I feel about that" 

"Bork." Came a deep bark.

"I'm tired Checks, and I'm not always going out." Checker just looks at me nonchalantly. "What do you know your just a dog." I said with muffled words.

He bumps my neck again. 

"Okay okay! I'm sorry bud you know I don't mean it." Checker just jumps up and curls around on my back. "Yeah okay I deserve that one." 

How come when the loud becomes quiet, the quiet becomes loud? The little things like the breathing of myself and checker, I can hear the ticking of the clock loud and clear telling me I have to sleep. My blood flowing in my own veins.... okay so maybe that last one could just be something wrong with me.  As I felt my vision start to fade Careless Whisper started blasting from my phone, causing me to jolt awake, feeling a pain in my back from the added pressure. Reaching for said phone, I turn it on, causing me to momently blind from the brightness.

Blinking the blurry sleepiness away, "Hello." I answered with a musky voice.

"Hey S.J." Sudden jazz just hits me.

"Jerry?!" I yelled as jolted up, accidently causing myself pain making me yelp, and accidently rolled Checker off causing him to yelp.

"Sorry baby!"

"What?"

"Sorry was talking to Checker.."

"Ah alright.... Is he?"

"Yes he is."

"Alright cool, how 'bout you?

"Me? Uh yeah I am now." 

"That's good."

"So.... What's up?"

"I just wanted to chat a little, unless you're busy."

"Not at all, I was just about to sleep."

"....At 5pm?"

"Yes exactly."

"Alright then, how are you?"

"I'm doing alright, how 'bout you? What are you doing as well."

"I'm good thanks for asking, and I'm closing for today, it closes at 5pm on Saturday and Sunday's."

"Yeah I know."

"Huh, you knew?"

"Oh uh when I went to the café, I kinda look at the opening and closing times before I went over."

"Clever, it does save time after all."

"Indeed it does." I lay back down on the couch, Checker jumping on my back and curling up again.

We chatted on until my drowsiness gets to me and my phone lowly slips out of my hand and lays on the floor.