-Thirteen-

Evelyn POV

I woke up at three A.M, which is terrifying if you're superstitious, have ghosts, or don't like picturing the image of someone staring out your window when the moonlight can barely hit their silhouette.

But, after waking up at three am on the dot for the past few years, it gets to be not as creepy. Still creepy. Just not 'oh no, I'm going to die if I open my eyes' creepy. Lucy, his spooky little self, is very active at the time, so it wasn't like I was alone by myself in a small cottage full of red and white in a gated district that had some break-ins two years ago where the robber was never caught.

I browse through Tumblr and once that got boring, hopped to Twitter, looking for nothing in particular but saving and screenshotting things I found funny, ironic, scenic, or informational. Tumblr communities can be informational when it what's to roast or get even.

Once spending thirty minutes of my life doing that, I figured it was time to officially start the day.

Skip all that boring school, living, and hygiene stuff (except the part where Lucy was running around the house chasing some spirit, go Lucy!), and I find myself at work eight A.M. in a small mom and pop store. Fairly new, I'll say, competing with the likes of Walmart and Costco. If I had to guess, the two owners probably are retired and unlike others who choose to spend their retirement not working, create their own shop with the retirement money. It's sweet...I think. I only met them twice, at my interview, and a few days ago when they were checking in during my shift.

I'm fairly new, but not too new. But, during the two times, they've seen my work, and with help from the manager (who I assume is their daughter that wants to support her parent's dreams), I'm able to get slightly better than minimal pay. Hooray.

It's a mom and pop store, so not as many customers coming in and out, meaning not as much interact besides the three other workers. I think only one of them is not related in some way to the owners. I'll investigate further.

"Evelyn! A customer!" The manager/daughter excitedly whispers. This always happens, but I rather not ruin the fun of her having a customer with some snarky remark. "You know the drill! Get ready!" I smile in response to her excitement and put on my best retail face.

The store is small, every space being seen from the cash register, except for behind the racks. I look to see who this person is and make a guess as to what they want, when the music in the store suddenly turns to Jazz music.

Oh, how sweet irony, it's Mister cool guy, J.J. three names.