-Twenty five-

Evelyn pov

I'm not sure when, but at some point we both fell asleep. As usual, I was the first to wake and saw Sarah still on the call, lots of drool coming out as she slept. It wasn't pretty, but it was extremely cute.

To save her some embarrassment, I ended it for her. I got through the boring parts of the early morning like hygiene and sit in front of my laptop, scrolling through different websites.

I figured it's time to take control of my future and discover what I truly want in life. Well, not that dramatic. I'm looking to see what other careers are interesting and wouldn't turn me into a Squidward.

I fill in several tests, quizzes, and at one point, a personality quiz since it looked appealing, but so far nothing. Each quiz gives me random and generic type jobs. Doctor, lawyer, teacher, businessman, etc. They're not bad just...none catch my eye. Sure I can be a doctor, but as much money is put into it, it'll just seem like going to work at a gas station, but with more lives on the line than a cashier.

"Darn my pressured upbringing!"

"Meow!"

"Sorry."

Look through my Twitter at all the recent drawings I did and few photos in between. I normally did them as a form of expression or a 'picture of a moment'. Most people are freelancers. Should I look into that? Its not as much pay, which may anger certain people I dont mind angering, and is a risky job at start, but its something I'm proud of doing and wouldn't mind doing for eight or more hours straight.

Hm. I might need an expert opinion. Which might have to wait, seeing the time. At least I'm going somewhere with this whole 'existential crisis thing'. Look, I didn't even buy a Ferrari!

"Lucy?~" I turn to my cat laying on my red sheets."How do you feel about pursuing a new career?"

"Purr?"

"Not right away, no, we aren't that reckless, Lucy."

He simply shuts his eyes slowly and pulls his ears back.

"I'll take that as a yes. Now, to go back to that paper-"