-Eleven-

Evelyn POV

As is usual for every college student, I ask the existential question of what am I doing in the world, why am I paying more than the civil war cost to this school for a degree? It's not that I don't like what I'm studying for, it's just not what I thought I would be doing in life. Sorry to all pediatricians, but it sounded a lot more fun when I was five.

It's not too late to change paths though...but to what path should I take is the question. What do I like? What are my interests? What if I end up homeless in the streets?!

A black tail brush against my face and the sudden brush is able to get my head out of its many thoughts. A pair of yellow eyes come around and stare at me.

"Thanks, Lucy. Where would I be without you?" He meows and gets out of my plain of sight. He's hungry.

"You just ate. Let me stare at the ceiling and be sad about life some more." He meows more urgently.

"There's a reason you're named after that of religious ideological evil, Lucifer." I get up from my small loveseat to give him some more food.

"You know Lucifer, what am I doing with life." He stares at me as I go to the extremely small kitchen to get his canned food from the cupboard.

"Yeah, class wasn't that good. We had a pop quiz and I felt like an utter moron. I mean, exactly how does physics relate to being a child doctor?! What will happen if a child is to be flung out a window at forty degrees offf the second-story window? I don't know! At least a broken or fractured bone in the arm of leg, wherever they land!" The demon cat meows in agreement.

"See! You get it!" I open his can and we both watch as the food slips out and lands into his food bowl. He looks at me in thanks for his offerings and goes to eat. I sigh.

"I'm only two years in. I got my basics done during high school so this whole college thing would be easier but...its not, Lucy, it's not!" I let out a groan. He flicks his tail in acknowledgment.

"You know I shouldn't give mind to what they think. No, this has more to do with that question of life, Lucy." His bright, moon-like yellow eyes turn to look at my dark chocolate ones.

"I don't know what I like, Lucy. And it's not that simple. Imagine doing something for the rest of your life. Ugh...its tiring." He turns away from his food and starts circulating my feet, his black thin tail gracing against my legs.

"Yeah, let's blame the American school system for forcing us to study things and then ask us those big questions and make those big decisions when we're young and impressionable." Lucy gives a light purr in agreement. I bend down to pet him.

"Don't worry, I've got it all out of my system now. Thank you for listening, dear." I rub his small head and he rub his head back against my hand.

"Okay, I'll go and finish that medieval town now, get some light textbook reading in and we'll go from there."

Right as I'm going up the stairs, with the small black demon following me, I text Sarah I got home safe. She doesn't overly worry about kidnappings like I do, but I've made it a habit to tell her where I am or going in case I do go missing and she has to provide evidence of where I was.

Am I overly anxious in general? Yes, yes I am. Lucifer can attest to that.