-Ten-

Sarah's P.O.V.

I watched as Evelyn walked out the door before looking down at the bag again. I feel the corner of my lips raise up, making a dimple pop out as I grabbed my phone to put the number in. Taking a moment to think of a name before realizing I could just put J.J

Contact added J.J

A pause.

Contact added J.J <3 

After a moment of admiration of even having this guy's number, I check my Instagram feed until I thought I heard silent jazz music starts playing, making me confused until a person spoke.

"Hello." Hearing that voice I have become Little Caesars: hot and ready.

"Hey J.J! What's up?"

"I'm sorry to say this but we're closing."

"No!" People turned to look at me, but that's not the issue at hand. " How could this happen!? This restaurant was too young! Too beautiful!" I feel my tears about to burst at this saddening news.

".... I meant for closing for today.... Not forever."

"Oh." I  feel my cheeks redden up. "I knew that, I-I just wanted to see your reaction and it was worth it, it's priceless my good sir."

"Oh uh, well you got me." He giggled, we stared at each others eyes, he at my pink tinted brown eyes, and I at his blazing green eyes. I'm pretty sure this is awkward but would that really be out of the ordinary.

.........

Okay so maybe it's getting out of hand, time to do something about it. "Well I guess I'll go." I got up a bit too quickly making me trip over a bit, causing him to grab my shoulders in what I assume is a natural reaction. Our faces are so close to each other, inches away to be in fact, not that I mind of course, I could stay like this forever, though it seems fate had other plans like always.

"Are you okay?" He asks in that honey dipped snack of a voice. Though unlike honey, he's voice actually sounds sweet to me.

"Uh ye-yeah I'm fine, are you?" I mentally facepalm at the stupidity of that question as I stand up straight unlike me. 

"Yeah I am, thanks for asking." He smiles at me, which makes me melt at this absolute sunshine. 

He lets go of my shoulders, which I didn't even know he was still holding as he starts walking to the counter.

"I need to clean up the place, you can stay until I leave if you want, I just said that so the other customers don't think you're getting special treatment."

"I mean, I can help you clean?"

"Oh that would be nice, but I don't know..."

"It's not a hassle I promise, I actually uh adore cleaning." I muster up the best smile I can, chuckling nervously.

"Well in that case, sure." He smiles fondly at me, and I can't help but smile back as I go to grab an empty wrapper.

~~~~

Jerry puts the broom away at the same time I throw the hopefully last piece of trash.

"Well that's all for now, thanks for helping out." He says as he opens the door, turning to look at me.

"It's no problem J.J, that's just what friends do." I replied while walking out, nodding my gratitude towards him.

"Well I guess this is where we head our separate ways." He pulls a key out of his pocket and goes to lock the door.

"Indeed, you have guessed right." I pretended to grab an imagery hat and bow making him laugh.

"You've really made my day today, I was actually kind of nervous."

"What? No way. You're like too cool and Jazzy to be nervous."

"Seems that way but I was totally a nervous wreck, since today is actually my first day."

"Really!? J.J!" I turned to face him " You. Are. A. Natural sir! 

"That's very kind of you Sarah..." He replied, rubbing his neck while looking a bit sheepishly to the side.

"Well, it's the truth." I then booped his nose, making him giggle. 

"See you tomorrow... or whenever you feel like it." He waved me goodbye and headed off his own way.

"See ya!" I wave until I couldn't physically see him, before shoving my hands into my jacket pockets, smiling distantly as I feel a certain bag in my pocket.