Chapter 31: Training of the Sage! The First Enemy!

"-re?" Lite finished as he blinked once. Then twice. Then thrice. Then he realized he was no longer in the Time Nest. Instead, he was in the middle of a forest with Pybara in front of him.

"Where are we?" Lite asked Pybara.

"We are in another realm entirely." He started explaining. "This place is quite similar to the one you call 'Hyperbolic Time Chamber.' Though time doesn't move quite the same. One day there is only one month here."

"Huh... neat." Lite said. "Okay, so how do we do this."

"In essence, Senjutsu isn't that difficult of a concept." Pybara began explaining. "All you need to do is find the perfect harmony between your ki and natural energy and maintain it."

"Well, that's not too different from my Regulus Fist, right?" Lite asked.

"But you weren't keeping things balanced. All you're doing is overcharging yourself with natural energy. That's is incredibly stupid and foolish. I'm sure you've experienced what happened yourself."

Lite thought back to the fight with Cooler and how he used Regulus Fist and Kaioken x20 together. The result of that was that he destroyed his own body and ki flow. Had he not died, his body would've been entirely crippled.

"Yeah..." Lite nodded.

"Now as I was saying... in essence it isn't too difficult. But in execution... it is near impossible. You have to truly become one with nature."

"How do I do that?"

"You have to not move. Not even a bit. Even the slightest twitch. You have to stay PERFECTLY still." Pybara emphasized perfectly to deliver his point across.

"...So I have to stand perfectly still that I become invisible to the naked eyes, huh?" Lite wondered.

Meanwhile, in the Time Nest...

"Achoo!!" Ace sneezed.

"Bless you." Trunks said while blocking a punch from Ace.

Ace jumped back from his spar to rub his nose. "Thanks. I feel like someone just became my best friend."

Trunks raised an eyebrow but didn't question it. "Okay... let's continue our spar. We have to get as strong as possible before it arrives."

"Sure!" Ace said as he dashed towards Trunks.

...

Back with Lite

...

One month has passed for Lite... and he hasn't been making much progress.

"Ouch!" Lite screamed in pain as his head was smacked by Pybara using a black rod.

"You're still not getting it. Try again."

"Man... this is harder than I'd imagined."

"It's to be expected... To live is to breathe and move after all." Pybara said. Lite stayed silent. "What is it?"

"...Well, I've been thinking. In order to use Senjutsu you need to stay still right? Then wouldn't it be useless in a real fight if I can't defend myself?"

"That is where this next technique comes in." Pybara said as he released a bubble of energy from his body. "This... is Forced Energy Fission."

"Forced Energy Fission?" I repeated.

Pybara nodded. "Nature energy's absorption rate is just too much when you're moving. And try as you might, you can't expel that excess energy with normal methods."