Chapter 27: Day of Fate! Soul vs Soul!

"Gohan, you're up!" Goku said to the crowd.

"I'm... sorry. We're kind of high up here. What did he say?" Gohan asked his mentor Piccolo.

"I think he just said..."

"Gohan! Out of all the fighters you pick HIM?! He wasn't even on the list! YAMCHA was on the list!" Cell continued for Piccolo.

"Wait, why am I on the list?" Yamcha asked, confused.

"HALF-TIME ENTERTAINMENT!" Cell shouted.

"...Frankly, I'm just happy to be included."

"Goku... you sure you know what you're doing?" Lite asked his friend.

"Absolutely!" Goku answered before he flew up to face his son. "Gohan, are you ready?"

"Me? Take Cell down?" Gohan was unsure of himself.

"You can do it, Gohan. You have a power inside you, waiting to be unleashed. A power that's even greater than mine, or Cell." Goku said to his son.

"Goku, are you out of your mind?! You're about to pit him against a foe that not even you two can beat!" Piccolo shouted at Goku.

"Piccolo, you've been there the entire time. Just think about it, he's been fighting with us ever since he was little, against some of the toughest enemies around. I remember when I was his age... I wasn't even anywhere near as strong." Goku said with full confidence in his son. He then faced Gohan. "Gohan, what do you think? Do you think Cell showed anything that you couldn't handle."

"...No... But you were holding back, right? I'm sure it'll be a lot different if you were to go all out." Gohan said, still unconvinced.

"Now I don't know about Cell... But I fought with everything I had. I'm sure the same goes for Lite as well." Goku put his hands on Gohan's shoulders. "The reason why our fight seemed so unimpressive to you, is because you were gauging my strength against yours, right?"

"...Yeah." That simple answer from Gohan shocked everyone. They had such a hard time following what was going on and Gohan just said that the battle was just average. Goku smiled with pride.

"Alright then, what do you say? Win this one for us, okay? Then we can all go home and have dinner."

"...Okay, dad. I'll do it!" Gohan flew down and landed next to Lite. He took off his cape and threw it away to not let it be a hindrance.

"Krillin, can I have two Senzu Beans?" Goku asked his best friend.

"Oh, yeah, sure." Krillin gave him what he asked. Before anyone could do anything, Goku threw a Senzu Bean at Cell and Lite. "What are you doing, you idiot?!" Everyone was having similar thoughts to Krillin.

"They both lost a lot of energies from the fight. It wouldn't be fair like that."

"To hell with being fair! Now I'm absolutely convinced that you've lost your goddamn mind!" Piccolo was angry at Goku.

"Hehehe... your idiocy might've just doomed the world." Cell said as he ate the Senzu, restoring him back to full strength.

"Well, he already ate it, so to hell with chivalry." Lite also ate his Senzu Bean and went back to full strength as well. "Alright, Gohan, listen up. We don't have a lot of time so I'll keep this talk short. You might think that your father is crazy, but he's right about one thing. You have a lot of power hidden inside you Gohan. A power that's even greater than Goku and mine combined. I've seen it myself." Gohan looked at Lite in disbelief, but before he could deny it, Lite continued. "Whether you'll be able to bring that power out or not, depends on yourself. Now get ready, he's coming." Gohan focused and turned his attention to Cell.