Chapter 23: The Price of Arrogance! Cell's Perfection!

Cell couldn't find it in him to immediately answer. So all he could do was repeat him.

Cell: "S- Super Vegeta? What is that?"

Vegeta: "...You know what? I don't feel like explaining myself. Figure it out yourself."

Cell: "Kuh..."

Vegeta: "You should be concerned about your own safety. I'm about to tear you apart piece by piece."

Cell: "T- This can't be... THIS CAN'T BE!!!"

Cell tried to tail-whip Vegeta who dodged by jumping. Vegeta then countered with a kick and followed with another hard kick to Cell's stomach. The hit stunned Cell enough for Vegeta to deliver an elbow, knocking Cell into the water. Krillin was watching the battle with awe.

Krillin: "A- Amazing... He's gotten stronger and bigger..."

He noticed Trunks was watching the battle as well.

Krillin: "There's Trunks... Did he get that insanely powerful as well?"

He looked around and to his shock, he found 18 and 16 also watching the fight.

Krillin: 'It's the androids! This is where they were hiding?!"

Krillin steeled his resolve and gulped. He slowly descended near the Android and slowly sneaked to them.

Meanwhile, Cell was slowly climbing back up to the island. Vegeta was watching Cell's struggle with a smirk.

Vegeta: "Took you long enough... Let me tell you something. Over there is a boy named Trunks. He's almost as strong as me."

Cell looked at where Vegeta was pointing at and saw Trunks just standing there silently.

Vegeta: "...I guess this is all you have. I'm disappointed. I feel like I'm wasting my time with you."

Cell: "...AAAAGHHH!!! This is impossible! If only... If only I achieved my perfect form! He wouldn't stand a chance."

Vegeta was starting to get intrigued.

Vegeta: "Are you saying that if you become perfect... then you can defeat me?"

Cell: "Without a doubt."

Vegeta: "Hmm..."

Vegeta was really interested now.

Trunks: "No..."

Cell: "I'd have destroyed you."

Vegeta: "Go on..."

Trunks: "NOOOO!!!"

Vegeta: "Shut up, boy!"

Trunks stopped his screaming. Meanwhile, Krillin was approaching 18 with a red button on his hand.

Krillin: 'This is it... No one noticed I am here... If I can just press the button...'

Unfortunately for him, this was a lot harder than it seems. Flashback of him being kissed on the cheek played on Krillin's mind. That broke his resolve as he dropped the remote to the ground, making a noise that gained the attention of 18 and 16. They quickly turned their attention to Krillin.

C18: "I remember you..."

She then saw the remote on the ground and was surprised that he had it. What happened next surprised her even more, Krillin crushed the remote with his feet, completely destroying it.

Krillin: "Go, 18. Get out of here. Don't let Cell find you."

C18: "...Why? Why did you break it? It was our only chance."