Chapter 16: Divine Intermission! Calm Before the Storm!

Lite was blissfully sleeping, that is until he heard a knock on the door. He fell off his couch and stood up groggily. He made his way to the door and opened it to be greeted by his father, Kami. Lite rubbed his eyes awake.

Lite: "Well, this is rare... You usually never come down from the lookout. What's the business?"

Kami: "What? Can't a father see his own son?"

Lite: "You've never visited me before."

Kami: "To be fair, you kept moving places, not to mention everything that has happened in the last few years."

Lite: "Fair enough... Did you really come here all the way just to see me?"

Kami: "How terrible... my own son doesn't have any faith in me."

Lite: "Look, it's not that I have no faith in you... It's just that you know you're not allowed to meddle in the lower world affair, right?"

Kami: "*sigh* You're right... As much as I want to say that I came here just to see you, I have to check on something?"

Lite: "What is it?"

Kami: "I sensed divine power near here. Do you know anything? Did anything strange happen?"

Lite: "Well, there was yesterday... someone crashed near here."

Kami: "Can you show me where this was?"

Lite: "Sure, let's go. It'll be nice to walk together with you. We don't get much family time after all."

Kami smiled and he chuckled.

Kami: "Indeed we don't."

Lite took Kami to where the girl landed yesterday. Kami went down the crater and examined the area.

Kami: "...No doubt about it... There's definitely some traces of divine energy here... it's faint but it's there."

Lite: "Should we do anything?"

Kami shook his head.

Kami: "No, we can just let this be, it will eventually disappear. Do you know where the person who caused it went?"

Lite: "Actually... she was kind of unconscious... so I might have taken her home to rest."

Kami: "I see... very well then, I would like to see this person."

Lite: "Okay..."

They went back to Lite's Capsule House. When they opened the door, they were greeted by the sight of the meteor-girl doing housework. Kami and Lite were both stunned by this sight.

Lite: "Um... what?"

Kami: "Hm..."

The girl turned her head to see both Lite and Kami. She beamed up and walked up to Lite. She bowed to pay her thanks.

???: "Thank you for taking care of me! I don't know what would've happened if you left me there alone!"

Lite: "Um... yeah... n- no problem... hahaha... anyone would've done the same."

Needless to say, being surrounded by the Z-Fighters, who mainly consisted of guys and Bulma, he didn't really know how to handle girls. As if that wasn't enough, the girl hugged Lite out of nowhere.

???: "And... welcome home, dear husband!"

Lite: "W-What..."

For the second time in the last 24 hours, Lite.exe crashed.

Kami: "Oh my..."

Lite: "..."

The girl looked at Lite concerned.