°29°

I just thought I'd snuck in a chapter before I start my day.

Happy birthday to me ❤

Enjoy.

                       ~°~°~°~°~

               °Jeremiah's POV°

Omonigho and I were seated on the two office chair right in front of Miss Royal's desk. It was an open office in the sense that, she was sharing it with two other teachers.

Omonigho and I, were busy with the attendance booklet. We were both trying to help Miss Royal with the names.

At the front of the booklet was the name section. Omonigho stopped for a second, to question Miss Royal. "Should I write down your full name ma'am?"

"Yes please," Miss Royal answered absentmindedly. Omonigho did that swiftly.

"Funny how you still write down initials, no one does that anymore." Omonigho said, feeling amused.

Miss Royal lifted her head in a questionable manner, before grasping what Omonigho was talking about. "I'm used to it. I've been using my initials right from kindergarten. Don't you?"

Omonigho's shook her head and at the same time, writing the attendance. "Just my first and last name."

"What about you, Jeremiah?" I lifted my head to gaze at Miss Royal's face. "You've been awfully quiet since you got here."

"Um," I scratched the back of my neck a bit. "Jeremiah G. Valentine."

"That's a really nice name," She smiled. I nodded and went back to the work I was doing earlier.

I was awfully quiet, because I was thinking. The swimming competition was in less than two weeks, and Uyai needed some sort of miracle to actually survive that day.

She couldn't just run nor pretend to be sick, cause Femi and Rosemary would use that as a reason to prove that she was really not Tatiana.

Something had to be done.

                    ~°~°~°~°~

Once I was done with the attendance, I decided to head back to class with my mind occupied with only one objective. But before reaching to my class on time, something stopped me.

At the far end of the hall way, happened to be two boys engaged in a fist to fist combat. One was dark and huge, while the other was also dark. But compared to the first boy, the other was slender. Moving closer, I noticed the latter to be Jasper. Jasper happened to be a part of the swim team, and also a year younger than me.

"You both need to stop," I moved even closer to the boys. "What the hell are you both fighting for?"

"He just jumped on me out of nowhere, and started punching me." The dark huge boy answered.

Though I wasn't that close to Jasper, I knew someone wouldn't just wake up to beat the other person for no good reason. So I waited, waited for Jasper to defend himself.

Jasper didn't speak up, neither was he feeling remorseful about his actions. He just swung his non-bruised face to the other direction.

"I'm taking you both to the principal's office," I declared. That automatically caught both boy's attention.

"I swear," The dark boy quickly said. "It was really Jasper's fault."

"Shut the crap you call mouth!" Jasper yelled at him. "You just made fun of my dead mum and my best friend's family divorce status, and you think I'll just let you go just like that?!"