𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

N I A L L
Christmas eve 2019

I was sitting on a chair in the control room of my usual recording studio. My fingers tapped nervously on the body of a acoustic guitar that I held in my lap. I gazed up at Lewis who was standing across the room on the live studio. He hummed something to the microphone but I could barely hear any of it. We didn't have the audio mixing devices on so whatever he was doing in the recording booth I had no idea. Probably he had one of those wild inspiration boosts going on, damn I wish I could have said the same about myself but no my mind was too tangled to write even a single line.

My eyes wandered around the studio and I focused my gaze to the computer screen on my right. The track list of my finished album stared back at me from there, making cold shivers run down my spine. My fingers tinkled, as I was tempted to press the play button and listen through the songs for the fifth time today. But instead of doing that I flicked the strings of my guitar and softly began to play the first tunes of Black and White, a song that was for sure one of my personal favorites.

"That again?" Lewis interrupted me during the chorus and I glanced up from my guitar to meet his bothered gaze.

"Shouldn't ya go home?" I muttered back at him.

"Same for you pal it's almost five in the evening."

"You know I am spending this Christmas alone."

"Why was that again?" He raised and eyebrow and before I could even open my mouth he continued:

"Oh right your girlfriend needs time to deal with the fact that you are still not over your ex girlfriend who you broke up with ages ago... Not to mention that you are about to release an album where you pour your love for the same girl oh yeah no wonder why you are alone this Christmas..."

There was a smug grin on Lewis' face while he reached to click the lights off from the recording booth.

"Thank you for that brief recap pal," I said, sarcasm tripping from my voice.

He wiggled his eyebrows before turning around and walking to the door. He grabbed his coat from the rack and threw it on.

"Well my plane's leaving to Scotland in few hours and you know you could tag along right?"

"Nah, thanks though. I think it's good for me to just be alone and clear the damn head."

"That you should do," Lewis muttered.

"But if your mind keeps wandering towards someone else all the time, that should be eyeopening enough."

"Mmm it's not that easy-"

"It is mate you are just making it harder in your head. You don't wanna break any hearts I know but don't ya think there will be few broken hearts after you release the album anyway?"

I groaned, annoyed by how much of a truth he was speaking.

"Or maybe..." Lewis continued with a low tone but somewhat matter-of-factly while he walked over to the set of my guitars "You should just get rid of this person who keeps messing your head. You are missing something you can't have right now, and mate I don't know what you are thinking-"

I don't know either Lewis...

"But do you really think you could possibly win her back after all of what has happened?" He continued to mutter while for my surprise he opened the guitar case and reached for the small side pocket. Then, he pulled out the picture.

My heartbeat quickened and my eyes rounded in shock. I had no idea he knew I had that in there. No one was supposed to know.

"Yeah like I haven't seen you take this out," Lewis teased, definitely enjoying my shocked expression.