𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚

M O L L Y
July 2017

I could feel the vibrant summer rays warm my cheeks as I laid there halfway on the blanket, halfway on the soft grass next to it. The distant waves splashed on the coast but there was nothing noisy about it. The waves were like calming music to my ears. The wind hovered around me, it's cold breeze stroking my body, making me shiver. But I wasn't cold, I was completely relaxed. I wasn't even sure if I was awake or dreaming but I didn't have the courage to open my eyes and see for myself.

But slowly it all started to sneak up on me.

This wasn't just a dream. My eyes flew open and my breath picked up speed. Slight panic flew across my body. When did we fall asleep? I turned to look at Niall. He was laying there on the other side of the blanket, his chest raising and falling so rhythmically. His breath was slow and peaceful, noting that he was still in deep sleep. With a slight smile on my face I closed my eyes again. But then it hit me. Camille. She was all by herself in our apartment. With growing panic I rose up and searched for my phone. I had no idea what time it was nor how long we had been sleeping. 'No new notifications' read on the screen as I finally got the hold of my phone. Thank god.

I slowly stood up and took a look at the view in front of me. Santorini was just as beautiful as it had been last night. Only this time I could feel the island waking up and the streets being filled up with life again.

"Mmm I can't believe I met you Molly..." He whispered to my ear his breath full of raw passion while his strong and gentle hands travelled on my waist. Oh those hands...

NO. Molly get yourself together. But Nialls words and movements from last night... They still echoed in my ears. I turned to look at him and swallowed. I can't believe I had gone that far. That far.. No, I had gone too far with a guy I barely knew. I could feel my heart racing faster again, regret taking the hold of me.

Shaking my head I sat down to the grass to put my vans back on. Niall let out some muddled sounds, while switching positions on the blanket. I wasn't sure if he was still asleep or actually about to wake up.

"Hey," A soft voice mumbled behind me. He was awake.

I turned to look at sleepy and extremely handsome Niall. His hair was all over the place and his eyes were lazily staring at me. He yawned few times and looked around puzzled impression on his face. He was just as confused as I was couple minutes ago.

I didn't know what to say to him or how to open the conversation so instead of acting like a normal person I just gave him a forced smile and turned away to quickly start collecting all the remains of our picnic from last night.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded but didn't dare to look at him. For some reason I found myself wanting to avoid his gaze, wanting to avoid a conversation with him. I wasn't sure if it was because of the remorse feelings building in my head or because I felt this sudden urge to get away from him and from this whole situation.

To speed things up, I knelt down and grabbed the hems of the blanket he was still laying on. "Can you please stand up so I can fold this?"

"Yeah sorry... I could have done that too you know."

I stuffed the folded blanket back into his backpack and took a deep breath. I was trying my best to stay casual but my body had started to tremble a little. Slight panic was slowly taking over me, I needed to get away from him.