𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

M O L L Y
January 2018

Tonight my makeup was far from minimum. I had decided to go all in with dark eyes and thick layers of mascara. My cheekbones glimmered as I had applied highlight, maybe a little bit too much, but my face was in a desperate need of some glow. Even my lips looked plump due to the shimmery lipgloss I had brushed over them.

My natural waves had turned into a furry and think curls, thanks to Freya's curling iron. I tried to fix the hairstyle towards more carefree look by running my fingers through some of the curled locks. I already hated this whole war-makeup-barbie look. While tossing my hand in my hair I gazed at myself from the mirror, sighing at the reflection that stared back from there. It wasn't just the look I felt unhappy with. What had happened earlier today with Niall still bothered me. Why did I have to act so damn grim towards him.

"Molly, get yourself together." I encouraged myself, trying to shake him off my mind while grabbing my makeup bag and walking out of the bathroom.

My room was still as blank, gloomy and empty, just a perfect space to feed the loneliness that already grew inside me. My eyes trailed on the clothes that laid on my bed. I had chosen black mom jeans and a beige tank top for the night, nothing too fancy. I reached for the top to change it on while the sprawled suitcase laying on the floor caught my eye.

I knew very well what was in there, under all of the clothes. The damn envelope I got from Niall, it still waited to be opened. I chewed my lip nervously while I bent to sit down next to the suitcase. Slowly I started to shove some of the clothes off, throwing them to the floor until the envelope peeked from the bottom. I picked it up, as well as the two polaroids of Niall. Sharp pain caused me to wince; I was chewing my lip too hard again.

The unclear polaroids of Niall made my lips twist. His cheeky face, messy hair, bare chest and those lips. Oh how I missed his kisses. The kisses that made the whole world stop. His lips really electrified my whole body. Damn it Molly. I shook my head trying to make the image of us disappear.

My eyes were back on the unopened envelope. How could a small, simple envelope intimidate me so much? My stomach knotted up while I carefully pushed the flap up. Heart throbbing against my chest, I pulled out a wrinkled piece of paper.

No way. No.

My lip was violated again as I tried to control my body from shaking.

The light piece of paper was full of messy scribbling and I recognized it immediately. It was the very same paper I had laid my eyes on the night we had met.

'Yeah I saw you smiling, breaking the silence
Telling me just what you want
There in the moment, I was reminded
I haven't felt this way in a while

Blinded by the sparks
We were driving around in the dark
Finding reasons to stay where we are

All of my life I've been sleep-walk living
Running around the same bars I've been in
It can be so lonely in this city
But it feels different when you're with me'

My breaths were rapid, uneven mess as I reached for my phone. I googled his new album, Flicker. I could swear the lyrics weren't on it. I had listened to the album too many times, I knew every song from it. I knew every line and there was not a song like that one. Was he actually writing a new song when we met? When I interrupted him.