𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭

N I A L L
December 2019

*FLASHBACK*

"Where are you taking me?" She giggled squeezing my hand tightly.

"You will see,"

"Niall..."

"Just  few more steps and we will be there okay?"

Once she saw the view opening in front of us, she slowly placed her hand over her mouth. Her eyes grew wider as she gasped for air "How do you find these places?"

Trying to sound as modest as possible I just shrugged "Well you know Santorini, places like these are behind every corner..."

Wide smile had appeared on her face as she turned to look at me her eyes twinkling in excitement. I could tell that she was very impressed. "This view is breathtaking."

We were at the coast, standing on a boat dock. Calm sea floated in front of us while far in the horizon the sun slowly fell, coloring the whole sky in shades of red and pink. She walked further on the dock still squirming in excitement. I could hear her whispering all kinds of sweet adjectives as she looked around stunned by the view. She was one if those people who would forever get excited about the sky and its pretty colors.

"I think sunsets are all you need in life." She whispered her voice still little shaky.

I wanted to tell her that she was all I needed in life. Or she was all I wanted to need in life. I had never met a person like her before. She was just like the sunset in front of us. So beautiful and sweet, yet so mysterious and uncertain. The sun would always surprise you with new shades on the evening sky. At the same time you would never know if you saw anything like that serene beauty again. Just like you would never know what was going through her mind or what she would do next.

"I can't believe I have to leave this place."

I followed her to the end of the deck where she stood watching the sea reflect all the colors of the sky.

"This place... and you," She whispered, her voice so low and delicate that I could barely hear her.

"Everything has been so perfect..."

Reaching for her hand I took few deep breaths. Her words made me nervous. I knew she was trying to say goodbye "Molly-"

"Don't,"

"Molly please-" I stuttered tugging her hand gently, trying to make her look at me but her eyes were locked at the sea.

"No."

"But what you said last night-"

"It doesn't matter what I said."

"It matters, everything we have done together matters Molly. At least they matter to me and I just can't shake this week off and pretend that nothing ever happened between us." I was begging her. Begging her to look at me and expose herself. Begging her to give in for the feelings I knew she was hiding inside.