𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

M O L L Y
July 2017

It was two in the morning and I was wide awake. Just like last night. This time my eyes felt heavy. My body wanted to sleep but my mind wouldn't let me."Is it weird that I am hoping to see you again" I could still hear his words echoing in my ears. Did he really mean what he had said? I would never know would I? Not after the way my stupid self had acted.

"No.. Josh... oh god..." Camille's desperate moans woke me from my thoughts. She was sleeping and talking, the usual.

"Josh!!!" She shouted and started to breathe more heavily. My eyes flew open and I sat up to look at her. Was she for real?

"JOSH!" She moaned grabbing a hold of her sheets. I was up within seconds. I couldn't stay and listen to her have intense and erotic dreams about her boyfriend. It was too much.

Before I even knew it I was out of our rented apartment. I quietly closed the door behind me and bent down to tie my shoe laces. I was one of those sneaker persons, no matter how warm it was I would wear them. I fixed my over-sized t-shirt, that I had just thrown on, then exhaled deeply and started walking, subconsciously knowing very well where to go.

•••

The beach was deserted. There was one one there. I don't know what I had expected. Or well I knew perfectly well who I had expected, but why would he be here?

I started to walk along the shore, holding my shoes in one hand. The cold water lapped at my feet every time the wave brushed far enough. I walked around for what felt like hours. The sun had started to bloom in the horizon filling the sky with shades of orange and pink. It was time to give up. He wasn't going to show up and I had to accept it. I yawned sleepily, at least I was finally feeling tired. I headed towards the crossroad that had taken me to the beach. I didn't get to take too many steps before I noticed someone walking towards me. It was him.

He stopped walking as our eyes met and I automatically copied him. We stared at each other from distance. Neither of us seemed to know how to open the conversation.

"Did you manage to dodge the warning sing this time?" He finally broke the silence. And with such a classic line.

I snorted "You need to let that one go if you want to keep meeting up with me."

A small smile played on his lips. He was ready to tease me about what I had just said "Are you saying that there will be next time?"

"Well I guess it depends on when you are leaving." I shrugged acting all casual and turned my back for him so I could continue  walking towards my apartment.

"Not for another week." He rushed to walk along with me.

I kept my head down, staring the lamp-lit street in front of me. I could feel his eyes gaping at me.

"What about you?"

"In six days" I whispered and turned to look at him. His blue eyes were scanning me, it felt like he was trying to read my mind.

"What?" I bit my lip nervously.

"I still don't know your name."

"Oh that..." I mumbled and shook my head little amused "You haven't practically told me yours either."

"But you know my name don't you?" He chuckled. I wasn't sure if he meant that I knew who he was or that I had heard his friends call him by his name earlier today. I decided to go with that second thought instead of tackily noting that I did in fact know him from his former One Direction days.