𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

M O L L Y
July 2017

The day had passed by so quickly. We had spent most of it on the beach swimming and tanning. We had ate too much ice cream and Camille had almost thrown up, the lactose intolerance that she is. The evening we had spent at the prettiest restaurant, eating good food and drinking tasty drinks. When we arrived back to our small apartment Camille had dozed out in less than an hour. Now she was sleeping like a baby, no idea of what I was planning to do.

I slipped on an olive green, loose fitting satin dress with thin straps. I gazed at myself from the mirror. My hair was messier and curlier than usual. Thank you very much for that, saltwater. I quickly brushed my dark eyebrows and took a deep breath. I couldn't help but feel nervous. What if he didn't show up? I shook that thought out of my head as quickly as it had popped there. I didn't want to start overthinking. Not now and especially not about Niall Horan.

•••

He was waiting for me at the same crossroad we had parted last night. He was gazing at the sea, looking distracted. He didn't see me coming so I had a good chance to eye him properly. He was wearing black t-shirt, denim shorts and he was holding a light sweater on his hand. The big backpack on his back wasn't what caught my attention. It was the beige fedora that he had on. I loved how casual his style was, so cute and appealing.

"BOO!" I exclaimed behind him and clapped his shoulders gently, making him jump.

"What th-"

I grinned at him, wiggling my eyebrows playfully as he turned around to face me. "Don't worry, it's just me."

"Hey.. You look beautiful." A soft smile flashed across his face. He didn't have to do much more to create a blush that burned my cheeks.

"Thank you.. What do you have the backpack for?" I was eager to know what he had in there.

"You are gonna have to wait and see. Come on, I want to take you somewhere."

I raised an eyebrow and stood still. My lips twisted upwards as I watched him stroll off.

"Are you coming?"

"Am I going to follow a total stranger to 'somewhere'.. Hmmm I have a feeling that this is one of those things my mother warned me about. A beautiful man trying to lure me to follow him into the unknown."

I could see he was taken aback by my compliment.

"Am I a beautiful man trying to lure you?"

I nodded crossing my arms, stating that I wouldn't move before he told me at least a part of his plan.

"You see those houses? Behind them is a pathway that will take us up to the hill that's looming there as you can see. The lights of Santorini will look amazing from up there, I promise you."

•••

He really wasn't lying. I couldn't get any words out of my mouth, that's how stunned I was. We were standing at a rocky clifftop, the whole island glowing in front of our eyes. All the white-washed houses looked small and enchanting. The view was absolutely breathtaking.

"How did you know about this spot?"

"Me and my friends were planning on coming here and get drunk while we would watch the sun set."