𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤

M O L L Y
January 2018

"So you are really dating Niall Horan?"

"Yeah can you believe?" Freya bubbled while she excitedly tapped the table with the tip of her pencil.

My blood was boiling, anger looming deep inside me. I knew this feeling would pass but in that moment I couldn't even look at Freya. Instead I stared at the article that laid in front of me and continued to underline the important sentences. I had no idea what I was actually underling but it was the perfect distraction that I needed. Freya's words were really starting to get under my skin.

"So did you guys kiss already?" Julia squealed, I could see her squirming in excitement as she sat next to me, bouncing in her chair up and down.

"No not yet," Freya giggled as an answer.

"When are you going to meet him again?" Austin, one of Freya's other friends asked. I rose my head to gaze at him, his grey dust-like eyes met mine and he flashed me a cheeky boyish grin.

"He hasn't asked me out yet,"

Oh I wonder why. I had to bite my tongue to not actually let those words slip out of my mouth.

"Why don't you ask him out?" Julia provoked. "You should text him now Frey!"

"I don't want to come off as clingy," Freya tried to resist her, but I could sense from her excited tone that it was precisely what she wanted to do.

"Oh please, you want him and he wants you just get over yourself and ask him out!" Julia was so excited that she nudged me with her arm, forcing my pen to smear the underlining I was so fake focused on doing.

"Oh gosh, sorry Molly!" She whined looking at the scruffy line on my paper before her focus was back on Freya.

I rolled my eyes at both of them. I hated that this situation bothered me, but it did. It bothered me so much.

My eyes accidentally met Austin's again. He was still staring at me, only the cheeky smile had changed into a unpleasantly wide smirk.  He had noticed my annoyance, I was sure of that, his entertained gaze gave it away. I flashed a firm smile for him before turning my focus back on the article. I could feel my cheeks warming up, he was still gaping at me. I couldn't help but feel slightly uncomfortable, why couldn't he just take his eyes off me?

Freya and Julia continued to argue wether she should ask Niall out or not for the rest of our free period. I tried to ignore them and focus on my school work but their loud voices and never ending giggles made it almost impossible.

Once I got up from the table they were already far gone rushing towards their next lecture. I could still hear their distant chattering about Niall. They were drooling all over him and his good looks. Damn I couldn't blame them for doing that. I quickly gathered my papers shoving them all back to my backpack while all these unwanted thoughts flew through my mind. What if Niall wanted Freya? I couldn't shake the thought away, no matter how much I wanted to. What if he wanted her?

"Are you jealous?" A smoothly mocking voice spoke, startling me completely. I had no idea Austin was still with me.

I shook my head and began to walk off from the cafeteria we had been sitting on. Since he rushed after me I was forced to answer something to his unnecessary question.

"Jealous? Why?" I acted confused.

"Freya is going out with Niall Horan, and you want him too - it's obvious."

My lips formed a rigid, nervous smile. Was he just good at reading people or did my drunken self accidentally reveal something to him when we danced together at Roxy's?