𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

M O L L Y
January 2018

"I'm sorry. I-just..." I breathed, my eyes traveling down his arm, staring at his hand that was holding onto my wrist.

"What?" He asked with a quiet tone, not
giving me a chance to say anything as he already continued, throwing an uncomfortable question to my face:

"You need to get away from me?" He quizzed, even though we both knew the answer to that. Yes I needed to get away from him, I was getting pretty good at doing that.

"No... I mean yeah, I shouldn't have said anything I am sorry." I couldn't stop apologizing, even though I didn't know what I was apologizing for.

"Why are you so scared of showing your feelings?" That question threw me completely off guard. I could have guessed that it bothered him, but no, he was not allowed to ask me that.

Just no. I could immediately feel my heartbeat raising. His words causing the old fears to run through my mind. I simply couldn't stop them from popping up every time someone tried to show affection towards me.

His blue eyes were looking deeply into my own, frankly showing me all the emotion that was going through his mind. The color of his eyes still astonished me. The blue was far from ordinary, it felt like light spring sky dazzled there, drawning me towards him. I wanted to give my all to him, but it was easier said than done. So instead of shedding all of my fears with him I rose my shoulders, my breath shaking. I didn't have answer to his question, at least not answer I was willing to share with him.

"It's not that." The lie was out of my mouth and it felt better that way. "What we had last summer was supposed to be a fling, nothing more. We weren't supposed to meet again."

"Yeah but somehow you are here standing in front of me with no deadline this time. It's just you and me."

That was not completely true and I think he knew it as well, as his hand travelled through his tousled morning hair and he jerked from one foot to another. His shoulders hunched once he let out a small sigh which reeked of nervousness as if he just realized that there was a deadline this time too. There would always be deadline with us.

"But I am leaving in four months," I whispered, bringing out the thought that was crossing both of our minds. 

"And you have your tour coming up." I started to tap the floor with my foot, his nerves clinging onto me too "New music, promotions and all that..."

As the words trailed off my tongue a smug grin appeared on his face "Oh so you have followed me on social media?"

I gazed shyly at him beneath my lashes,"I might have followed you on Instagram." I confessed, my cheeks heating up, getting the familiar flushed pink tone.

"Well I do have a tour coming up, I might have posted a picture or two about that.." He was smiling boldly. "But wow, all this time... All these months you have been following me?"

I crossed my arms while pushing my bottom lip forward, trying to turn the blush into a attractive pout "You didn't follow me back so I thought you weren't interested in me anymore."

"Oh come on," A chuckle cracked from inside him, giving me sweet shivers. Oh how I had missed that sound, it was so soft and pure.