Chapter 14: A Battle

Y/n POV

*Late night in Hogwarts*

I was roaming around the corridors late at night to check if something went wrong. Maybe Ginny is somewhere around here, being controlled by Tom. Unluckily, Prof. Snape was there... again.

"What are you doing here at this hour Ms.
l/n? You do know the new rules I just read". said Prof. Snape seriously.

I yawned "Nothing professor... I just wanted to wander around at night because... it's peaceful..."

"Come on Ms. l/n, let's go back to the our dorm. You know that there's a monster wandering around here" said Prof. Snape annoyingly. When we went further down the corridor, teachers were running towards our direction.

Prof. Flitwick, Mcgonagall, Mr. Filch and Madame Pomfrey was here. But thankfully, Prof. Lockhart wasn't there

"Minerva... what's going on?" Prof. Snape asked. "You need to come with us Severus, another message has been sent from The Heir of Slytherin". said Prof. Mcgonagall worriedly. She looked at me, confused "What are you doing here late at night Ms.
l/n?".

I stuttered... I didn't know what to answer. "Don't worry Minerva, she was with me" said Prof. Snape in a firm distinct tone. Wow... I never knew that... Prof. Snape defends a student... I thought he would tell them the truth... I gotta thank him later.

"You should come with us Ms. l/n... I don't want you to go alone" said Prof. Mcgonagall. We all ran towards the other end. On the wall it was written 'Her skeleton will lie on the chamber forever'.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message. Our worst fear has been realized. A student has been taken by the monster into the Chamber itself. The students must be sent home. I'm afraid this is the end of Hogwarts" said Prof. Mcgonagall sadly.

Then something terrible appeared, Gilderoy arrived! "So sorry- dozed off- what have I missed?" Gilderoy asked while smiling.

"A girl has been snatched by the monster, Lockhart. Your moment has come, at last". said Prof. Snape. Everyone looked at him and his smile faded. He stuttered "My m-moment?"

"Weren't you saying just last night that you've known all along where the entrance to the Chamber of Secrets is?" said Prof. Snape.

I saw Prof. Mcgonagall smile "Well, that's settled. We'll leave you to deal with the monster, Gilderoy. Your skills, after all, are a legend". I looked back at Gilderoy and he put on a fake and scared smile.

"Very well- ah- I'll just be in my office getting, um- getting ready". He hurriedly ran back and was nowhere to be seen. "Who is it that the monster's taken, Minerva?" Madame Pomfrey asked very worriedly.

Prof. Mcgonagall hesitated a bit "Ginny Weasley" she said with a sad tone. After that they left except for me and Prof. Snape. We walked towards the other direction.

Along the way it was quiet and it felt... awkward. I cleared my throat and tried to start a conversation with Prof. Snape. "Er- Thank you for not telling them the truth professor".

He asked "About what?"

"About me wandering alone at night. I'm really glad that you didn't tell them. I was delighted" I said happily.

"Then never do that again Ms. l/n or else... I'll take points from the Slytherin House" he said in a low serious voice.

We were silent along the way until we arrived at our destination. "Basilisk's Fang" the door opened slowly and widely. I looked at Prof. Snape "Good night professor... and... thank you for today" then I went inside. The door closed behind me.