Chapter 10: The Forbidden Forest

(Just imagine you're in the picture with Harry, Draco and Fang)

*In the forest*

We walked along the path to a tree. Hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers. Harry asked "What's that?". Hagrid looks at us and answered "What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured bad by something. So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Ron, Hermione you'll come with me". Ron said weakly "Okay...". Hagrid continued "And Harry, you'll go with Malfoy and y/n". Draco grimaces and Harry nods. Draco told Hagrid "Okay. Then I get Fang!". Hagrid smiled at Draco, "Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward". We looked at Fang and he whines. We started to separate.

We are walking through the forest, Fang was leading us and Draco held the huge lamp. Draco complained "You wait 'till my father hears about this This is servant's stuff!". Harry said "If I didn't know better Draco, I'd say you were scared". Draco scoffed "I'm not scared Potter!" I looked at Draco and told him "Good God, just admit you're scared Draco. Even I'm a little scared". Then there were howls in the distance. Draco looks back and asked "Did you hear that? Come on Fang. Scared".

We approached a flat ground with gnarled roots all over. Fang stops and growls. I asked "What is it Fang?". Up ahead, a cloaked figure is crouched over a dead unicorn, drinking it's blood. The figure raises its head, silver blood dripping from its mouth. Harry and I gasped and I noticed Harry kept on rubbing his scar and it looks like it hurts!. I asked Harry "Are you alright Harry??" He just nods. Draco looks scared and he screamed loud "AHHHHHHHHHH!!! AHHH!!" He runs away with Fang and screamed even more "HELP!!!". Harry and I were all alone.

The figure slides over the unicorn and rises erect. It advances towards us and we backed up but tripped. We crawled backwards I tried to cast a spell "Sectumsempra!". It just squealed but the figure was still going towards us. Suddenly, there is the sound of hoofbeats. A figure leaps over us and lands near the cloaked figure. It was a silver centaur. It rears and the cloaked figure retreats, flying away.

He talked "Harry Potter, you and your friend must leave. You are known to many creatures here. The forest is not safe at this time, especially for you". We rised and Harry asked "But what was that thing you saved me from?". He told Harry "A monstrous creature. It is a terrible crime to slay a unicorn. Drinking the blood of a unicorn will keep you alive even if you are an inch from death. But at a terrible price. You have slain something so pure that the moment the blood touches your lips, you will have a half-life. A cursed life". I butt in the conversation "Sorry to ruin your conversation but I think that was Voldemort trying to regain his life back". The centaur looked at me and looked back at Harry.

"Do you know what is hidden in the school at this very moment?". Harry and I answered together "The Philosopher's Stone". Suddenly, Fang barks, we looked up and we saw Hagrid, Ron, Hermione and Draco appear. Hermione shouted "Harry! y/n!". Hagrid greeted the centaur "Hello there, Firenze. I see you've met our young Mr. Potter. You alright there Harry, y/n?". We just nod. Firenze continued "Harry Potter, this is where I leave you. You're safe now. Good luck". He leaves us.

We all went to the Gryffindor Common Room, right after the attack. (also me because we gotta talk about what we saw in that forest. I know, I might get another detention for this). We rounded up near the fire, Hermione, Ron and I were seated while Harry was standing. Hermione asked us "You mean, You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?". I nodded and Harry told them "But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong. Snape dosen't want the stone for himself, he wants the stone for Voldemort". I smiled and looked at the three of them. I put my hand out "5 galleons please, each of you". They complained and handed me 5 galleons. I put the galleons on my pocket and said "Thank you!".

Harry continued on what he was saying "With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll come back". Harry sits down. "But if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to kill you, do you?" Ron asked. Harry looked at Ron and said "I think if he'd had the chance, he might have tried to kill me tonight". Ron gulped "And to think, I've been worrying about my Potions final!". Hermione interrupted "Hang on a minute, we're forgetting one thing. Who's the wizard Voldemort always feared?". The boys shrugged, I answered "Maybe Dumbledore, as long he's around, you're safe Harry. You can't be touched". Harry smiles and there was silence.

I broke the silence "Well it's getting late now. I need to go back to my dorm or else Prof. Snape might give me detention again. See you all tomorrow, Goodnight". I stood up, and bid them goodbye. Just as I was walking down the staircase, I apparated towards the room so that no one can find me at this hour.

*In the Common Room*

It was an exhausting day. But at least I got to hang out with my friends. I believe that they'll be very good to me. It was fun hanging out with them, I really do enjoy it except having Draco or any Slytherin students of course. I hope we'll be friends until the end. I started to change into my pyjamas, prepared some things for tomorrow and went to bed.