Chapter 14: The House Cup (The Great Hall)

Y/n POV

We were all in the Great Hall, all students are seated and the Slytherin banners are around the ceiling. Prof. Mcgonagall rings with her glass and the chatter stops, Prof. Dumbledore rises. "Another year gone. And now, as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus. In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points, Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw, with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin House". There is immense cheering, Draco was excited and happy, "Nice one, Mate!".

Prof. Dumbledore continues his speech "Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last minute points to award. To Ms. Hermione Granger, for the use of cool intellect when others were in great peril, 50 points". Everyone applaused "Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess". We applaused, "Third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award Gryffindor house 60 points". There was immense cheering and I did the math, we tied with Gryffindor!. "Another, It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom".

Shoot! They won the house cup!. But Prof. Dumbledore wasn't finished yet, "Lastly to Ms y/n l/n", wait.. did he just say my name?? "For her talent and intelligence on defeating Voldemort and being a savior to her friend. 70 points to Slytherin". Everyone cheers even louder! "Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of direction is in order. Slytherin wins the House Cup!". What?! I can't believe we won!! Everyone was cheering for me, all students stand and threw their hats into the air. Draco hugged me and I hugged back. I saw Hermione, Ron and Harry clapping for me. And when I glanced at the teachers table, I saw Prof. Snape staring at me and I think I saw him Smiling? Smirking? Grinning?

*The next day*

The outdoor train station. Students are walking around, getting in the train. It was finally summertime! I can finally sleep in my bedroom and read even more books! I can maybe study about Potions, Defence Against The Dark Arts, Herbology, etc. Hermione, Ron, Harry and I were about to board the train when Hagrid called Harry. "Come on, Harry!" says Hermione. He looked at us "One minute!". He proceeds to go to Hagrid and have a little chat. We were still waiting for him by the door. After their little chat, Harry walks away, back to the train door where we were waiting for him.
Hermione asked us "Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?". Harry answered "I'm not going home. Not really". The train whistles and we climbed aboard. As the train starts to leave, Harry waves out the window to Hagrid, who waves back and then waves more to other students.

I do enjoy being at Hogwarts, maybe I can convince my parents that I'll be staying next school year summer. Hogwarts is my home.....