Chapter 5: Charms Class

*After a few minutes*

I closed my book and started going to Professor Flitwick's class. As I arrived at the classroom, as usual it was only Hermione sitting and reading the Charms Book. I smiled and told Hermione "Oh, Hermione, you beat me again". She laughed and told me "Maybe next time, you'll beat me". I noticed that there was some dust on her robes. I asked "What happened to your robe?". She dusted them off and told me"I-I... None of your business y/n". I sat down beside her and we continued doing our own business. Little by little, the classroom started to fill up. Ron sat beside Hermione while Harry sat beside me. "Thank God the two of you aren't late. And why do your robes look dusty like Hermione?". They brushed it off and said "Nothing....". Professor Flitwick then entered the classroom and went up the books. They all went back to their seats and listened. Prof. Flitwick said "Welcome to Charms Class everyone and today we're learning the magic called "Wingadrium Leviosa" . Now can anyone tell me what does this charm do?". I raised my hand first then Hermione after.

Prof. Flitwick noticed me first and called me "Yes Miss l/n?". I stood up and told the answer, "It is one of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, the ability to make objects fly". Prof. Flitwick complimented, "Excellent! 10 points for Slytherin.". Hermione's face was mad but I didn't mind. I saw some Slytherin students celebrating, even Draco and his friends. Prof. Flitwick asked, "Do you all have your feathers?" Hermione raises hers. I told to myself 'Sheesh Hermione, do you really have to do that?'. Prof. Flitwick continued "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick everyone". Everyone practiced then Ron's turn, "Wingadrium Leviosar". He whacks his wand numerous times. Then Hermione said "Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out . Besides you're saying it wrong. It's Leviosa not Leviosar". I giggled and told Ron "Yeah Ron, what Hermione said was true". Ron then looked at us and said "You two do it then if you're both so clever. Go on, go on". Hermione and I straightened up and swishes our wands in sync. We both said together "Wingadrium Leviosa". Our feathers glow and lifts up together. I turned to Ron and I saw him putting his head on his books dejectedly. Prof. Flitwick saw both of our feathers and said in excitement "Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger and Ms. y/n done it!. Oh splendid!".

Seamus begins swishing at his feather then he recites the Charm "Wingard Levosa. Wingard Levosa". Then BOOM!! Seamus' feather explodes then Prof. Flitwick gasped "Wooooaaah, Ooh!" Harry then told the Professor, "I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor". Class is over then I grabbed my books, then Harry, Ron, Neville, Seamus and me went outside first. We arrived the courtyard and we were walking with other students all around. Ron then mimicked Hermione "It's Leviosa not Leviosar. Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!". Hermione bustles past, sniffling. Harry said "I think she heard you". I told Ron in an anger tone "Ron, Hermione was just helping you. At least she didn't laugh at your mistakes! Honestly, so ungrateful". I ran and went to look for Hermione but I couldn't find her. So I just went back to the Common Room and put my books and layed down and fell asleep.

*After an hour*

I woke up and looked out the window. I noticed that it was already dark out. I got up, brushed my hair, grabbed my book and went to the Great Hall for dinner. It's Halloween already. When I arrived at the Great Hall, the decorations were no longer candles, it was jack o' lanterns. I looked over at Harry's table and noticed Hermione wasn't there. Maybe she was just in her Common Room and cried herself to sleep. I walked towards my table and sat beside Draco. Draco turned to me and said "Thanks y/n for the points in Professor Flitwicks class. Look at Hermione's face when we got points!". Crabbe, Goyle and Draco laughed but I didn't mind. On the table, there were candies, lollipops, cakes, jellies, gummies, mints and chocolates. I'm not really interested in any sweets. I had no appetite so I just sat there and read my book. I felt that someone was watching me, I looked up and watched the other tables if someone was looking but there was no one. I looked at the Professor's table and saw Professor Snape watching me. His black eyes were staring right into my eyes with kindness. I looked back down, watching my book. I talked to thoughts 'What was that y/n. His eyes looks so gentle and kind...' I shrugged it off and continued reading.