Chapter 3: The Common Room

After the feast, there were prefects guiding us towards the houses. Then our prefect said "Slytherin, follow me. This way". Then he explained about the staircases. "This is the most direct path to the dormitories. Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change" Everyone looked around the paintings and the stairs changing. Then he said "Keep up and follow me. Quickly now, come on." We then arrived in the dungeon, It was cold and gloomy and dark. Then there was a guy in the door. The prefects explained something "This is the door that connects towards the common room. Now the password is pure-blood". He looked at the door and said "Pure-blood".

The door opened and the common room was beautiful. It is a long, low-ceilinged, dungeon-like room filled with skulls. There are high-backed chairs and a carved mantelpiece on the fireplace. The walls are rough stone. The lights are green hanging lamps. The prefects continued on what they were saying "Gather around". We then gathered around near the fireplace. "Welcome to the Slytherin Common Room. Boys dormitory is upstairs to the left, Girls the same but on your right. Your belongings have already been brought up". I went up to the room and I saw my black luggages and Sevy's cage near the window, I then unpacked my stuff and was still on my Slytherin robes.

After I finished unpacking, eveyone was asleep except for me. I was sitting near the window while reading one of my favorite books. I wanted to walk around the dungeon, explore even!. So I stand up, closed my book and starting leave the common room. While I was walking around the dungeon, it was getting really cold but I didn't mind it. I started to continue reading my book. A few minutes passed and I was already at the good part of the book. I kept on giggling because the boy finally confessed his feeling to the girl after how many weeks. I stopped for a while and kept on reading the good part. Not until someone was standing behind me. I can feel his/her body heat from my back "What are you doing at this hour Miss l/n". I closed my book and slowly turned around then I looked up. It was that professor that wears all black from the teachers table. I answered "I'm just taking a walk and reading a book Professor... Professor....". He raised his voice "It's Professor Severus Snape. Now if you don't want to have detention, I might suggest you to go to your common room. This is your first warning miss l/n". I nodded then ran towards the room. I put my pyjamas on and went to bed.

*The next day*

I woke up just when the sun started to rise. I feel like it's already around 5:30 am? So I got up, took a shower, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair and I grabbed my books for school and 2 books for reading in my free time. I went to the Great Hall for breakfast. I started walking slowly because I was reading my book. I'm almost finished! The school was still so quiet. Along the hallway I bumped into someone. I looked up and of course it was Professor Snape "Are you blind Miss l/n?" I apologized to him "I'm sorry Professor..." He then asked "What are you reading?". I hid the book in my robe and answered him back
"R-Romance and L-literature Professor" his face kinda lit up and he asked another question "Do you read always?". I nodded and said "Always Professor, especially my free time". He said "You may go". Then I ran towards the Great Hall. I asked myself 'Why did his face lit up? Did I do something?'.

I shrugged it off and started eating bacon, eggs, bread and a orange juice for a drink. After I ate, there was still time before class starts. So I went to the most beautiful place in Hogwarts, the Black Lake. As I got there it was really quiet, cold and smells fresh. I layed down near the tree and started to finish my romance book. Eventually, after a few minutes, I had a feeling that someone was watching me from afar. I slowly sat down and I looked back, I just saw some students talking but I noticed someone farther away in the Astronomy Tower. It was Professor Snape. I think he saw me looking at him, and he starts walking away dramatically using his long cloak.

Then I noticed it was almost class time. I packed up my books and ran to the first class. It was Professor Mcgonagall's class. When I entered the classroom, only one student was there and it was Hermione. I sat down beside her and we talked quite a bit. "So what's your class after Professor Mcgonagall's?" I asked, then she answered "Potions, same with Harry and Ron". I exclaimed and told her "Me too! Let's sit together!". After a few more minutes, the classroom gets fuller and fuller. Then Professor Mcgonagall arrived "Attention students, please take you seats" We all sat down and she started the class "I am Professor Mcgonagall for those who don't know me. I will be teaching Transfiguration". Then she introduced us a new lesson. I find this class boring because I had no interest in it. After the introduction, she gave us a test, "Please get your book and quill and let's start the test". Others were complaining on why were having a test in the second day here at Hogwarts. Then her voiced raised up "Silence!, Do you wish to have more activities?". They all groaned and pulled their book and quill. When the test started, Professor Mcgonagall transformed into a cat and jumped on the table. I'm not sure why.

*After 25 minutes*

I finished the test early because it was too easy, while Hermione was still writing. I then started to read the Potions book, I really do love Potions. Then someone bursts the door, we all looked back and it was Harry and Ron, who was late. Hermione rolled her eyes while I giggled. They walked fast and Ron spoke up "We made it, can you imagine the look on Mcgonagall's face if we were late?". Then she jumped off the table and turned back into her human form. She then walked towards the boys then Ron said "That was bloody brilliant!" Then she said "Well thank you for that assessment Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfer to Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch, that way one of you might be on time". Harry told Mcgonagall "We got lost..". Then she answered back "Then perhaps a map? I trust you that you don't need one to find your seats" They sat down and started answering.

*Second Period*

Ahh finally, it was Potions class already. I've been looking forward to this class! Harry, Ron, Hermione and I were sitting at the second row middle part. Then someone kicked the door hard and someone went in. It was Professor Snape! I didn't know he's the Professor for Potions class. He then walked fast and went to the front and told us "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making, However, for those select few, who possess the predisposition.... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses, I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death.." He looked at Harry and Harry was writing down some notes, then he continued "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts with abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!". Hermione nudges Harry in the ribs. He looks up. "Mr. Potter..... Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?". Hermionie and I raised our hand and he looked at me for a moment then turned towards Harry. Harry shrugs. Severus continued "You don't know? Well, lets try again. Where Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a beozar?" Hermione and I shoots our hand up again. Harry said "I don't know, Sir". "And what is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfbane?". He repeated "I don't know, Sir." He glanced towards me and Hermione and looks back at Harry, "Pity, clearly fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?" Then Draco looked at Harry and grinned.

*In the Great Hall*

Some students were doing their assignments, some were playing chess while I was reading my book. I looked over the Gryffindor's table, I'm jealous that the three of them are together in the same house while I was far away. Draco noticed that I was looking over the Gryffindor's table and asked "y/n, do you like Potter? Or Weasley" Crabbe and Goyle were laughing and I turned towards Draco then I gave him a glare. Then there was an explosion over the Gryffindor's table. There was laughter amongst the students and of course I was part of them. Suddenly a flock of owls start coming into the hall from the rafters above. I heard someone saying "Ah. Mail's here". The owls soar by, dropping parcels to students. I got some of my favorite Muggle candies like skittles, M&M, KitKat and a note from my parents. So I ate the candies while I was reading my book.