Chapter 38

"Lou," Harry peeked his head around the door, "woah, you look hot." He added quietly.

"Thank you." Louis laughed, "so do you."

"Really? I feel quite, you know...ugly..." Harry muttered, biting his lip.

"Oh darlin', come here." Louis beckoned with his arms out.

Harry trudged over to him, relaxing into Louis's arms and resting his head on his shoulder.

"You're not one bit ugly, not one bit. You're perfect. Okay? You're fucking perfect."

"I'm not." He murmured.

"You are. You're beautiful. And I wish you could see it."

Harry offered Louis a small smile as he pulled his head back.

"Oh darling, no, no, don't cry. Please don't cry baby." Louis pouted, wiping away his tears that began to fall.

"I just feel so shit all of a sudden." He hiccuped.

"Right, let's sit down. We don't need to go out today, we can go tomorrow. Let's just focus on you."

"But our date...I don't wanna ruin it-"

"Shhh, we can go tomorrow. It's not like it was booked."

"I'm sorry." He squeezed his eyes shut, "I'm sorry that I'm being like this."

"Don't." Louis said firmly, "don't apologise."

"I don't know why I feel like this so suddenly."

"Let's go and get you changed back into more comfortable clothes, okay?"

"Okay." Harry mumbled, following as Louis led him to their bed.

"Can you take your trousers off?"

Harry nodded with a sigh, pulling them off and pulling the joggers back on.

"Arms up." Louis nudged one of his arms, Harry obliged as Louis peeled off his jumper and then his top.

"Don't look at me please." Harry lowered his arms, wrapping his arms around his body insecurely.

"You know you don't need to worry about how you look around me. And for your information, you're so incredibly pretty."

"I know I don't but I can't help it."

"What jumper would you like to wear?"

"One of yours."

"The one that absolutely swamps me?" Louis asked with a small laugh.

"Yes please." Harry giggled through his tears.

"There's that gorgeous smile of yours."

Louis pulled the jumper over his head before perching on the bed next to Harry and hugging him tightly.

"I love you so much Haz."

"I love you." Harry returned. "I need a cigarette, if that's okay?"

"If you really need to."

"I'm sorry. I know you want me to stop."

"Of course I do, but I can't be a hypocrite, you don't like it when I smoke either."

"We should stop." Harry sighed, "we really should stop."

"I know sweetheart. We should."

"In the new year, I'm going to stop. Well try to. It can be a new year's resolution."

"If you're going to then I will too. Well stop together." Louis said honestly.

"I'm going to have one of my last cigarettes now. Can you come with me?"