Chapter 17

"Lou?" Harry mumbled as he entered the kitchen.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for snapping at you last night."

"It's fine, you were upset and I tried to push you into telling me when you obviously didn't want to. It was my fault, don't worry about it."

"Thank you." He whispered. "I called my mum last night. She said she's going to come over on one of our last days here. And Gem and her boyfriend might come over at some point."

"Oh my god I haven't seen Gemma in ages. Since when has she had a boyfriend?"

"A month or two ago apparently. His name is Josh or Jack or something. I can't remember."

"God Harry, you can't even remember your own sister's boyfriend's name." Louis joked.

"I know, I'm a shit brother. In my defence I was a bit distracted."

"You're not a shit brother, I was only messing around." Louis frowned at Harry's serious tone.

"Doesn't make it any less true. Anyway let's talk about something else."

"Well, I'm planning on asking her tonight."

"Oh, really? Um I'll stay over at Niall's then."

"You don't have to do that."

"No it's fine, I'll stay out of the way."

Harry pulled out his phone, texting Niall.

'can I stay at yours tonight?'

'yeah course, why? Is everything alright?'

'louis's asking Eleanor to be his girlfriend tonight and I wanna give them space.'

'fair enough, see you tonight'

"Niall said I can stay at his."

"Are you finally leaving us alone?" Eleanor grinned, hugging Louis from behind.

"Huh?"

"Well you're always hanging around here and it's getting kinda annoyed. I mean, don't you have a life or anything?"

"It's my apartment." Harry muttered, looking down at the ground.

"And?"

"We're on a break, I don't want to be doing stuff."

"Well you could at least go out and just, I don't know, sit somewhere."

"Els, it's his house too. It's not like he's bothering us." Louis stood up for Harry.

"He bothers me."

"Sorry." Harry apologised.

"Don't apologise, it's not like you've done anything wrong." Louis frowned.

"Lou, what the fuck? Why are you sticking up for that," she looked him up and down in disgust, "freak."

"You're being unfair."

"Well sorry I don't want his boring arse around us 24/7."

"Harry, don't listen to her."

"I'm going to go upstairs and get clothes for tonight." He made his way upstairs, wincing as he heard them argue. As much as he hates Eleanor and Eleanor being with Louis, he didn't want anyone to be the reason for Louis's upset.

"Fuck." He groaned, digging his nails into the palms of his hands, "fuck!" He slid down against the wall, covering his ears. He hated arguing, when he was younger, before his parents got a divorce, they would spend all of their time arguing. Harry would spend all of his time in his room or at a friend's house, scared to walk into one of their many arguments.