Chapter 18

"What d'ya want to eat then?"

"I'm not hungry."

"How are you not hungry? I only ate 10 minutes ago and I'm starving."

"I'm just not." Harry shrugged.

"Well you have to have something."

"No, I'm fine. You can just get something for yourself."

"If you say so."

//

"God, it's so nice to have a break. I mean, I love being on tour but I don't know."

"I don't want to go back on tour." Harry admitted. "I'm scared."

"What's scaring you?"

"Everything. The crowds, signs, messing up. And I miss home."

"You know we can stop the signs. And I'm sure you won't mess up, and even if you do it won't matter. We all make fools of ourselves on stage, it's all part of our shows."

Harry shrugged, "I just wish we had a bit more time off."

"It's ok, the European tour isn't too long. Only like 4 weeks."

"I guess. I'm sorry to be a bore but is it ok if I go to bed? I'm knackered."

"That's fine, you know where the spare bedroom is, don't you?"

"Yeah, thank you."

"Night, have a good sleep."

"Night, you too."

Harry sat on the bed, pulling his phone out.

'Hey Lou, how did it go? x'

Harry sat, waiting for a response. After 10 minutes he gave up, switching his phone off with a sigh and curling up under the covers.

//

Niall awoke with a start, screams ringing through his ears. He immediately jumped up, rushing into Harry's room.

Harry was in his bed, thrashing around violently as screams and groans left his mouth.

"Harry, Harry!" Niall crouched down next to him, holding him still. "Harry, wake up!"

Harry's eyes shot open, pure panic within them. "W-w-Lou? Lou!?"

"It's me, Niall. Shhh, you're safe. It's alright, I'm here and you're safe."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm-"

"Harry, it's ok, don't worry. You're ok." Niall held him tight against him as he shook.

"C-can you turn the l-light on p-p-please."

"Ok, hold on." Niall reached over to the bedside table, flicking the switch.

"I'm sorry-"

"Hey, that's enough of that. Do you want to talk about it?"

Harry pursed his lips, shaking his head. "No. No, please don't make me."

"It's ok, I won't."

"W-where's Lou?"

"He's at home, you're staying at mine tonight, remember."

"B-but-"

"Would you like me to call him?"

"Y-yes please. Niall is...is my mum ok?"

"She's fine H, would you like me to call her after?"

"Yeah, no, I don't...I don't know." He started sobbing as Niall grabbed his phone, calling Louis.

"Niall what the fuck? It's 2 in the morning." Louis answered in a groggy tone.

"It's Harry, he's had a nightmare and he wanted to talk to you. He kept asking where you were."

"Oh god ok, can you pass me to him please?"

"Yeah, course." Niall held the phone out to Harry, "it's Louis."

"Harry, Haz, calm down, it's ok, it was only a dream."

"Louis-" he sobbed out, clutching the phone tightly.

"Look it's ok, I'm on my way over. I'll see you in 10 minutes, is that ok love?"

"Mhm."

"Alright, I'm going to hang up now. Try to calm down for me, yeah?"

//

"Lou..." Harry sniffed, opening his arms as Louis rushed into the room.

"Haz, it's ok." Louis hugged him tightly, playing with his curls.

"Is-is my mum alright?" He knows it's a stupid question, of course Louis wouldn't know, but he feels the need to ask anyway.

"I haven't spoken to her, but I'm sure she's fine. Do you want to give her a call?"

"I...yeah..."

"Ok, I'll call her for you. Niall, you can go back to bed."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, positive. Go get your beauty sleep Nialler."

Louis handed the phone to Harry, Harry letting out a sigh of relief as she answered.

"Mummy?"

"Harry darling, what's wrong?" She asked, sounding panicked.

"I-I had a nightmare and...and dad hurt you really badly and I needed to know if you were ok." He whimpered.

"Oh darling, I'm alright, I'm fine. And your dad isn't even in this country, remember? He's not going to hurt us again, it's alright baby."

"Ok." Harry sighed in relief. "I'm sorry for waking you."

"Don't be sorry sweetie, it's absolutely fine. Try and go back to sleep. I love you lots, and remember he won't be able to hurt us again."

"I love you too, bye." He waited for his mum to hang up before handing the phone back to Louis and bringing his knees to his chest.

"Harry, do you think me and Els provoked this? With our arguing earlier."

"I don't know." He mumbled, "maybe."

"Did your dad use to hurt you?" Louis asked carefully, watching as Harry tensed up.

"I-he...he didn't really hurt me physically that much, only if I-I annoyed him or got in his way or something...but he hurt my mum."

"Oh Haz, I'm sorry. Did he hurt you mentally? Like did he say horrible stuff to you?"

"Yeah." He nodded, biting his lip.

"Do you want me to stay here with you tonight?"

"I don't want you to have to stay here because of me. The reason I'm here is to give you time with Eleanor."

"But what do you want?"

"I want you to stay here." He mumbled, looking down into his lap.

"Then I will. Budge up." Louis climbed into the bed next to Harry, his hoodie revealing his neck in the process.

"I take it she said yes then." Harry observed the purple marks trailing down Louis's neck.

"Of course, who can resist the Tommo?" Louis winked.

"Um Lou, not being funny but you stink of sex. Please say you've had a shower."

"Maybe?" Louis winced.

"Oh god, please go and have a shower."

"But Harryyy, it's 2 in the morning!"

"I don't care, just a quick one, I just don't want to be smelling sex."

"In my defence I didn't know I'd have to get up in the middle of the night, I assuming I could have a shower the next morning." He laughed.

"Oh, sorry. You can go back home if you want, you know?"

"No I'm staying here. Right, try and sleep and I'll go and have a quick shower."