69. Fighting & Believing

Start from the beginning

Dante nodded " Of course there was. I had to send you a message that even though I am giving you the highest title possible within my army, I still can kick your backside any day and put you in your place. We are both of Ronas bloodline but I am stronger than you at the moment. I just wanted you to learn this lesson that you can not oppose me and win. If I teach you this lesson once effectively and you learn then I wont have to repeat myself. Would I?"

Demetrious looked at the approaching figure of his brother. His waves of power were overwhelming. He was getting stronger and stronger every day. Dante approached him and summoned a sofa and sat in front of Demetrious's bed. Then he conjured a vanila whiskey and took a sip. He smirked: " Why are you staring Demetrious. Would you like to drink too?"

Demetrious rolled his eyes " No. I doubt that your strong drinks would be kind to my healing body. I am just waiting for the pain to diminish so then I could get some of my strength back just enough to help me to teleport out of here."

Dante mocked him" teleport out of here" seriously? Aren't you dying to spend some quality time with me? Well, I could have teleported you myself to Alexander to heal you if I wanted to. But I did not. My aim was for you to be stuck here for a few hours so I could get to talk to you abit without you avoiding the subjects I am going to bring up. its just you and me here now. Our parents are not here to save you. I want to get some honest answers out of you and see where we are standing. Like you said. You cant teleport out of here so it would be within your interest to comply with what I say to you for now."

Demetrious laughed bitterly " Since when do you want to talk with me. You hate my guts. Eversince I remember I was the little brother wou were ashamed of. You could never stand the sight of me. Why do you want to spend quality time with me so suddenly?"

Dante frowned " I have never hated you. I was frustrated that you were turning into the very thing I despised. You were turning more and more empathic every day as the years went by. It got worse and worse as you grew older. The feelings of compassion and consideration was planted in you by something or rather .... someone. Don't even try to deny it. I know everything. Don't worry, I don't wish to punish you for being close to him. You were a child back then. But I can't believe you were introduced to freedom fighters right next door to me by someone we trusted. That gone on for years and no one found out to stop him. The biggest mistake of my life was to leave you by yourself around the palace too much. Maybe you wouldn't have turned into this pathetic empath all of a sudden. But I guess it's never too late to start doing some damage control. So I decided to start keeping a closer on on you from this very minute. No one can damage you anymore than its been done whilst I am around little brother. I swear to protect you from these destructive forces of empathy that surrounds us. It's only a matter of time before they kneel before us but I can't take chances when you are at risk. Believe me when I tell you. I care for you alot more than you think.""

Demetrious's eyes widened " Wait. Hold on. What do you mean about some one introducing me to freedom fighters?"

Dante interrupted " Like I said. Don't even think about denying it. You won't like the consequences of lying to me. Just know that I know everything. But don't try to hide it. I allow you to be honest with me and speak freely. Now you are under my close watch any way. You can't do anything I wouldn't approve of while I am keeping a close eye on you. You were younger and more naive back then. You didn't know what you were doing by associating so closely with him. So this is water under the bridge in your case. I forgive you but not him."

Demetrious Trembled " You knew..... You didn't forgive him.....so does this mean.... So do you know where he is?...... Did you..... kill him? Did you kill our cousin?"

Dante huffed " I wish I had. When i found out how much he had interacted with you, i went crazy. i nearly killed him. But since he was related to us by blood, I couldn't. I banished him instead."